Common Law Partner Questions

Old Sep 8th 2008, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

jameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to alljameswales is a name known to all
Default Re: Common Law Partner Questions

Although my partner and I are going to be moving into rented accommodation soon, we have spent the past two months living with my parents.

If we were to start keeping an official rent book, all done officially and properly through my parents, could this count towards our 12 months sharing accommodation? It would mean that we could apply for the visa a littler earlier, with 3 months living with my parents, and then 9 months in our own accommodation.

Would this work?

Cheers
Old Sep 8th 2008, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

Shawn_ldn is an unknown quantity at this point

That reminded me, we took out a joint travel insurance with Columbus, with both our names on the travel policy.
I guess we were kind of lucky in that we had been doing that for a few years before, not sure how you could get retrospective insurance documents, they should have that kind of info on file though.
Perhaps also if you have booked flights together on one card, both names will be on the booking info?
It all helps though I suppose. Without a marriage certificate the burden of proof shifts a little onto you to prove your relationship so every bit counts.
Old Sep 8th 2008, 4:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shawn_ldn
Without a marriage certificate the burden of proof shifts a little onto you to prove your relationship so every bit counts.
I don't know that that's true. If I was a fraudster in a fake relationship for immigration purposes, the first thing I'd do would be to marry my "spouse".
Old Sep 8th 2008, 9:24 pm
Forum Regular

Shawn_ldn is an unknown quantity at this point

well, I guess there is the marriage certificate.
Whether it is a fake marriage or not it is certainly easier to prove your relationship with the certificate of marriage.
And it is as easy to fabricate a relationship story, documents etc if you are that serious.
Old Sep 9th 2008, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

pip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nice

I am just about to add him to my car insurance now, so that'll be a start, although i hope the immigration officer doesn't look too closely at dates, cos all of mine will start at about the same time!!