Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Common-law paperwork question? (Outland)

Wikiposts

Common-law paperwork question? (Outland)

Old Nov 10th 2009, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Stew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really nice
Default Re: Common-law paperwork question? (Outland)

We received a letter today saying that my other half has been approved to sponsor me, and now the application has been forwarded to London, England.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 4:01 am
Forum Regular

pip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nicepip_is_fab is just really nice

i know how you fell about wanting to see the back of those application forms, it takes such a long time to gather all the supporting bits!!
With regards to photos, i simply wrote date/event on the back and put them all at the back of the aplication forms. We/I did a 2 page story of how our relationship had developed, my visits to canada with my boyfriend, visits from his family over to stay with us. Any holidays, events we attended together, or with friends. We had 3 friends write letters for us, talking about how we are when we are together, any outings thay have been on with us.
With regard to the questions originally mentioned, i said we felt to reason to marry at this point, and said there was no reception as there was no formal ceremony. I would definately be honest about where you are living, as you are entitled to apply either inland or outland, as i would always be worried about any inaccuracies coming back to haunt you on the off chance you were called for interview for example.
Good luck with your application! Hope it goes smoothly!!
Old Nov 12th 2009, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Waltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud ofWaltzing Matilda has much to be proud of

That's great news that your OH has been approved to sponsor you! I have everything together now but I think I have run into a problem already! I had 2 friends write letters saying how long they knew us/relationship was genuine etc, but I see from the document check list that they need to be 'statutory declarations.' So my questions is do the people that write the letters get this done, or can I just take the letters and get them notorized?

Thanks in advance for your help guys!
Old Nov 12th 2009, 2:34 pm
Forum Regular

Kynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really niceKynn is just really nice

We didnt' get anything notarized and we had no problems. We just had them write letters and included the letters (in envelopes) with the app.
Old Nov 14th 2009, 1:29 am
BE Enthusiast

bflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura aboutbflava has a spectacular aura about

Good luck with you guys all, I have a quick question on the forms to fill. In terms of Marriage, and no reception Can I put No and explain that we are thinking of the reception with both families next yr as we just did the registry??? I need help on this one pls. ??????????
Old Nov 14th 2009, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

Stew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really niceStew681 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Waltzing Matilda
That's great news that your OH has been approved to sponsor you! I have everything together now but I think I have run into a problem already! I had 2 friends write letters saying how long they knew us/relationship was genuine etc, but I see from the document check list that they need to be 'statutory declarations.' So my questions is do the people that write the letters get this done, or can I just take the letters and get them notorized?

Thanks in advance for your help guys!

I had two family members write a quick letter and that was it for that, we also took the statutory declaration form to a friend who is a commisioner of the oaths to sign it.

Hope you get it sent soon, let me know if you need any more help!