Common Law Medical Validity

Old Oct 27th 2015, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

twist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond reputetwist_freeride has a reputation beyond repute
Default Common Law Medical Validity

Hi,

We will be submitting our common law application in March and I had a question about medicals.

I had medicals done and passed for a previous application that was rejected (EE not Family class) and in March they will be 10 months old, will I need to get them re-done? Are they likely to extend medicals until I land? It's a little trickier because I guess with rules changing soon under the new government it's hard to say even how long the processing times will become by then.

Thanks!
Old Oct 27th 2015, 6:22 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Common Law Medical Validity

Medicals are valid for 12 months from the date of the Medical and you must LAND within 12 months of the Medical.

I don't think they will extend the validity except when there is a delay that is CIC's fault. As this is a new application and would require them to have common sense, it seems unlikely.

The only thing you can do is ask CIC by calling the helpline, but I suspect you know what the answer will be...

Last edited by withabix; Oct 27th 2015 at 7:19 am.
Old Oct 27th 2015, 6:26 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by twist_freeride
Hi,

We will be submitting our common law application in March and I had a question about medicals.

I had medicals done and passed for a previous application that was rejected (EE not Family class) and in March they will be 10 months old, will I need to get them re-done? Are they likely to extend medicals until I land? It's a little trickier because I guess with rules changing soon under the new government it's hard to say even how long the processing times will become by then.

Thanks!
All you can do is submit the application with the medicals and then wait to see what CIC do. They are normally valid for 12 months but can be extended by CIC due to processing times. You might get someone who uses common sense and goes
Mmmm they have already passed a medical do they really need another one which will likely yield the same results as the last one.
There again this is CIC we are talking about.
Old Oct 27th 2015, 7:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Get a new medical before submitting your application. Otherwise, you risk delays and months added to your processing time.

S