Common law Definition

Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:21 am
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Common law Definition

I am applying as skilled worker but have been living with my SO since July 2007 (she's a Canadian citizen). I know common-Law relationships are normally defined as 6 months- and for immigration purposes 12 months for sponsorship.

As I am not going the sponsiorship route- should I put her down, or not.

Yours in perpetual confusion!
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

burton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond reputeburton bunch has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Common law Definition

Originally Posted by geo4
I am applying as skilled worker but have been living with my SO since July 2007 (she's a Canadian citizen). I know common-Law relationships are normally defined as 6 months- and for immigration purposes 12 months for sponsorship.

As I am not going the sponsiorship route- should I put her down, or not.

Yours in perpetual confusion!
I would put her down as she will no doubt want to accompany you.
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:27 am
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by burton bunch
I would put her down as she will no doubt want to accompany you.
Accompany me where? We live together in Toronto. She'll be staying with me (I hope!!)
Old Mar 5th 2008, 6:59 am
Islander

windward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to allwindward is a name known to all

Do it anyway gringo, where's the harm? by the time they process your app you'll have been common law with her for a goodly long time beyond the 12 month's immigration criteria.

It's a definite too ofc if you're claiming points for your relationship to her.