Wikiposts

Common Law Class

Old Nov 10th 2005, 7:57 pm
Swollen Member

geo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond reputegeo4 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Common Law Class

Would correspondence addressed to both of us at the same address and other supporting evidence showing a relationship is genuine be enough evidence for CIC to recognise a common-law relationship?

Would a year living with a partner but in her parents house count?

We don't have any joint bank accounts but lots of photos, phone bills, e-mails, testimonials from family etc....
Old Nov 11th 2005, 1:20 am
Thinking the unthinkable.

Madmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond reputeMadmac has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Common Law Class

Originally Posted by geo4
Would correspondence addressed to both of us at the same address and other supporting evidence showing a relationship is genuine be enough evidence for CIC to recognise a common-law relationship?

Would a year living with a partner but in her parents house count?

We don't have any joint bank accounts but lots of photos, phone bills, e-mails, testimonials from family etc....
We provided joint bank account statements, Bills, mortgage details etc and they seemed more than happy with that. Saying that, we had lived together for over 12 years anyway!

Funnliy enough we got married in July this year and have had to provide our marriage certificate as proof. Additionally Anna had to send away for a new passport which surprisingly was returned within 4 days.

Good luck.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 1:22 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

I'm pretty sure that correspondence to both names is NOT adequate proof of anything more than you were roommates, which is not the same as a conjugal relationship.
Old Nov 11th 2005, 1:40 am
Can I go now!?

OzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really niceOzRob is just really nice

Geo4 the questions that you have been posting recently indicates to me that you are unsure of which direction to take to be with your partner. I understand why you are trying to find the best, and quickest, route to take. However, I don't think that anybody on this forum will be able to give you any worthwhile advice on this question (but I may be proven wrong!) I think that to get good advice you need to get in touch with somebody who who knows the ins and outs of the Canadian immigration system. So what I suggest is that you contact an immigration consultant for an assessment of your situation. There are plenty that will do this for free so you have nothing to lose.

I don't mean to discourage you from posting questions on this forum. This is just my personal opinion.