Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Common in Law application returned

Common in Law application returned

Old Mar 13th 2017, 11:43 pm
Just Joined

KSeel89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Common in Law application returned

Hi all,

Sent off for common in law application early February and just received the application back today for not including the notice of assessment or a letter stating why... I figured a T4 would suffice but not, hold my hands up even though it's a set back...

My question it's they didn't really explain the process very well, we paid for both the application fee and landing fee, have the original receipts still included with the application, if we get the NOA.. which we are having trouble getting an account set up online for.. can I just re-send the application with the receipts? Will they refund us? The letter they sent didn't really explain so I assume I can just find the NOA and re-send the whole thing..?

Thanks for any help in advance
Old Mar 14th 2017, 1:18 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Common in Law application returned

HI

Originally Posted by KSeel89
Hi all,

Sent off for common in law application early February and just received the application back today for not including the notice of assessment or a letter stating why... I figured a T4 would suffice but not, hold my hands up even though it's a set back...

My question it's they didn't really explain the process very well, we paid for both the application fee and landing fee, have the original receipts still included with the application, if we get the NOA.. which we are having trouble getting an account set up online for.. can I just re-send the application with the receipts? Will they refund us? The letter they sent didn't really explain so I assume I can just find the NOA and re-send the whole thing..?

Thanks for any help in advance

1. The forms have probably changed since you submitted, so you will need new forms, and include the reciepts.
Old Mar 14th 2017, 1:24 am
Just Joined

KSeel89 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Common in Law application returned

Originally Posted by PMM
HI

1. The forms have probably changed since you submitted, so you will need new forms, and include the reciepts.
The original application were with the new revised forms for this year, I will double check if any have been updated but I guess my question was in essence if your application gets sent back for something as simple as an notice of assessment can I just get that and re send it all or will I have to pay for both fees again and send it while I wait for presumably a refund for the original application? The letter they sent me neither stated if they would be refunding me or not..they just stated I would be in the queue from the date I re-send my application which is fair enough..

(Just checked and the latest the forms were updated was December 2016, so my forms should all still be good)