commissioner of oaths definition

Old Jan 7th 2010, 9:14 pm
Just Joined

jayneandruss is an unknown quantity at this point
Default commissioner of oaths definition

Hi there, does anyone know if a minister of religion qualifies as a commissioner of oaths, a friend of ours is a minister and we want to know if he can witness the declaration to allow our grandchild to be able to enter canada as a permanent resident with only one parent. He is a friend to both parents of the child and the intention is to sponsor the parent at a later stage..

Many thanks in anticipation of any help..

Regards

Jayne
Old Jan 8th 2010, 2:13 am
BE Enthusiast

JET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to allJET747 is a name known to all
Default Re: commissioner of oaths definition

I am not 100% sure.......but I don't think so. I know they can do your passport photos. Are you looking for a notary public - if so then there are only some that can do this. Judge, Justice of the peace, some solicitors and a notary public. I think the CIC site states the list.

I may not be right, if so then I am sure someone will correct me

JET
Old Jan 8th 2010, 2:33 am
Banned

Auld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond reputeAuld Yin has a reputation beyond repute

Normally a cleric would not be permitted to act as a Notary Public (Commissioner of Oaths). If yours is he would be very aware of it. You should have it done by a solicitor.
Old Jan 8th 2010, 5:04 am

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayneandruss
Hi there, does anyone know if a minister of religion qualifies as a commissioner of oaths,
Only if he took the exams, he'd probably know if he did.