Commercial Photographer London

Old Jan 26th 2016, 7:08 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
kswoosh's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 269
kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Commercial Photographer London

Hi

So I have to submit two photos for my residency which should be taken my a professional photographer.

I'm based in London but struggling to find anyone who doesn't do corporate head shots for extortionate prices, or those family photoshoots.

Does anyone who is/was based in London have any recommendations for a photographer who can take a simple passport style photo without charging a fortune for it?
kswoosh is offline  
Old Jan 26th 2016, 7:44 am
  #2  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 32,578
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commercial Photographer London

Originally Posted by kswoosh View Post
Hi

So I have to submit two photos for my residency which should be taken my a professional photographer.

I'm based in London but struggling to find anyone who doesn't do corporate head shots for extortionate prices, or those family photoshoots.

Does anyone who is/was based in London have any recommendations for a photographer who can take a simple passport style photo without charging a fortune for it?
When they say 'professional photographer', they just mean that you can't get a mate to do it on his phone! So anywhere that can do them to the dimensions required (not a Photo Booth) is fine. We had ours done at Snappy Snaps.

HTH.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Jan 26th 2016, 8:50 am
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
kswoosh's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 269
kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commercial Photographer London

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
When they say 'professional photographer', they just mean that you can't get a mate to do it on his phone! So anywhere that can do them to the dimensions required (not a Photo Booth) is fine. We had ours done at Snappy Snaps.

HTH.
Oh, brilliant. Ok, I'll take a wander over to Snappy Snaps. There's one right near my building. Perfect. Thanks for your help.

P.S. You can close this thread if you wish...
kswoosh is offline  
Old Jan 26th 2016, 9:15 am
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jan 2016
Posts: 158
bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future
Default Re: Commercial Photographer London

So just to clarify, you cannot use a photo booth even if the dimensions are accurate?

Peter
bramallblade is offline  
Old Jan 26th 2016, 12:44 pm
  #5  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 32,578
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commercial Photographer London

Originally Posted by bramallblade View Post
So just to clarify, you cannot use a photo booth even if the dimensions are accurate?

Peter
If you can find a photo booth that does then the right size, then that's fine. But the size CIC require isn't standard size, so they usually have to be done specially.

HTH.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Jan 26th 2016, 3:24 pm
  #6  
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 12,830
Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commercial Photographer London

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
If you can find a photo booth that does then the right size, then that's fine. But the size CIC require isn't standard size, so they usually have to be done specially.

HTH.
Does the back not have to have a stamp on it that has to be signed and have a white background?

Costco are very reasonable for this.
Aviator is offline  
Old Jan 26th 2016, 3:36 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
kswoosh's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2012
Location: Essex, England
Posts: 269
kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commercial Photographer London

I went to Snappy Snaps... they were very efficient. Knew what they were doing, asked virtually no questions and already knew about most things I highlighted to them. £15 for 4 photos. Not bad at all.

Thanks for the recommendation Christmasoompa!
kswoosh is offline  
Old Jan 26th 2016, 3:39 pm
  #8  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 32,578
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commercial Photographer London

Originally Posted by Aviator View Post
Does the back not have to have a stamp on it that has to be signed and have a white background?

Costco are very reasonable for this.
It does have to have a white background, not sure what you mean about the stamp though? Costco may well do them, I don't know if they do in the UK. I've not seen photos in our local Costco, but that's probably because I'm usually pushing a trolley full of food and beer!

Originally Posted by kswoosh View Post
I went to Snappy Snaps... they were very efficient. Knew what they were doing, asked virtually no questions and already knew about most things I highlighted to them. £15 for 4 photos. Not bad at all.

Thanks for the recommendation Christmasoompa!
Fab, glad you've sorted it.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Jan 26th 2016, 3:56 pm
  #9  
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 12,830
Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commercial Photographer London

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
It does have to have a white background, not sure what you mean about the stamp though? Costco may well do them, I don't know if they do in the UK. I've not seen photos in our local Costco, but that's probably because I'm usually pushing a trolley full of food and beer!
They do photos, not sure about passport size. The stamp is a rubber stamp dated when and where the photo was take and has to be signed on the back of the photo as a true likeness.


Attached Thumbnails Commercial Photographer London-passport.png  

Last edited by Aviator; Jan 26th 2016 at 4:00 pm.
Aviator is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.