Commercial Photographer London

Old Jan 26th 2016, 7:08 am
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Commercial Photographer London

Hi

So I have to submit two photos for my residency which should be taken my a professional photographer.

I'm based in London but struggling to find anyone who doesn't do corporate head shots for extortionate prices, or those family photoshoots.

Does anyone who is/was based in London have any recommendations for a photographer who can take a simple passport style photo without charging a fortune for it?
Old Jan 26th 2016, 7:44 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Commercial Photographer London

Originally Posted by kswoosh
Hi

So I have to submit two photos for my residency which should be taken my a professional photographer.

I'm based in London but struggling to find anyone who doesn't do corporate head shots for extortionate prices, or those family photoshoots.

Does anyone who is/was based in London have any recommendations for a photographer who can take a simple passport style photo without charging a fortune for it?
When they say 'professional photographer', they just mean that you can't get a mate to do it on his phone! So anywhere that can do them to the dimensions required (not a Photo Booth) is fine. We had ours done at Snappy Snaps.

HTH.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 8:50 am
Forum Regular

kswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond reputekswoosh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
When they say 'professional photographer', they just mean that you can't get a mate to do it on his phone! So anywhere that can do them to the dimensions required (not a Photo Booth) is fine. We had ours done at Snappy Snaps.

HTH.
Oh, brilliant. Ok, I'll take a wander over to Snappy Snaps. There's one right near my building. Perfect. Thanks for your help.

P.S. You can close this thread if you wish...
Old Jan 26th 2016, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future

So just to clarify, you cannot use a photo booth even if the dimensions are accurate?

Peter
Old Jan 26th 2016, 12:44 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bramallblade
So just to clarify, you cannot use a photo booth even if the dimensions are accurate?

Peter
If you can find a photo booth that does then the right size, then that's fine. But the size CIC require isn't standard size, so they usually have to be done specially.

HTH.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 3:24 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

If you can find a photo booth that does then the right size, then that's fine. But the size CIC require isn't standard size, so they usually have to be done specially.

HTH.
Does the back not have to have a stamp on it that has to be signed and have a white background?

Costco are very reasonable for this.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 3:36 pm
Forum Regular

I went to Snappy Snaps... they were very efficient. Knew what they were doing, asked virtually no questions and already knew about most things I highlighted to them. £15 for 4 photos. Not bad at all.

Thanks for the recommendation Christmasoompa!
Old Jan 26th 2016, 3:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Aviator
Does the back not have to have a stamp on it that has to be signed and have a white background?

Costco are very reasonable for this.
It does have to have a white background, not sure what you mean about the stamp though? Costco may well do them, I don't know if they do in the UK. I've not seen photos in our local Costco, but that's probably because I'm usually pushing a trolley full of food and beer!

Originally Posted by kswoosh
I went to Snappy Snaps... they were very efficient. Knew what they were doing, asked virtually no questions and already knew about most things I highlighted to them. £15 for 4 photos. Not bad at all.

Thanks for the recommendation Christmasoompa!
Fab, glad you've sorted it.
Old Jan 26th 2016, 3:56 pm

Aviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond reputeAviator has a reputation beyond repute

It does have to have a white background, not sure what you mean about the stamp though? Costco may well do them, I don't know if they do in the UK. I've not seen photos in our local Costco, but that's probably because I'm usually pushing a trolley full of food and beer!
They do photos, not sure about passport size. The stamp is a rubber stamp dated when and where the photo was take and has to be signed on the back of the photo as a true likeness.

Attached Thumbnails Commercial Photographer London-passport.png  

Last edited by Aviator; Jan 26th 2016 at 4:00 pm.