coming to visit soon

Old Apr 4th 2005, 9:09 am
Forum Regular

amante is an unknown quantity at this point
Question coming to visit soon

Hi everyone

My spouse already applied the visitor visa (TRV) and she can have it to come to canada as a VIsitor when our application will forward to the visa office of taiwan this month or next month. is it fine for her coming here to visit for a while?

I understand about we must tell the officer the truth honesty.

I am curious...

"when sponsored from abroad - you can visit Canada as often as you can, providing that you get visitor visa (TRV) if you need one and that officer at the port of entry grants you the admission after you tell the truth about having PR application pending."

when my spouse arrives at YVR at the port of entry, she will tell the officer about our PR application will be in process this month or next month OR she waits for the officer to ask her then tell him/her about it?

and

will the officer grand her the addmission to the entry?

thanks very much

Old Apr 4th 2005, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: coming to visit soon

You don't even have to tell the officer you have an application running, they know, you're in the system.
I've been in Canada 3 times since starting my application and every 3 times the officer sended me to another ( more specialized ? ) officer who gave me an extra grill . Nothing major, but I suppose , once you're having an application, you are a potential illegal, a priori.

Originally Posted by amante
Hi everyone

My spouse already applied the visitor visa (TRV) and she can have it to come to canada as a VIsitor when our application will forward to the visa office of taiwan this month or next month. is it fine for her coming here to visit for a while?

I understand about we must tell the officer the truth honesty.

I am curious...

"when sponsored from abroad - you can visit Canada as often as you can, providing that you get visitor visa (TRV) if you need one and that officer at the port of entry grants you the admission after you tell the truth about having PR application pending."

when my spouse arrives at YVR at the port of entry, she will tell the officer about our PR application will be in process this month or next month OR she waits for the officer to ask her then tell him/her about it?

and

will the officer grand her the addmission to the entry?

thanks very much

Old Apr 4th 2005, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

"you are a potential illegal, a priori".?!

what does that mean?
I don't get it.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

oh do u think what i am doing is illegal???

i never lie about anything.
Old Apr 5th 2005, 5:47 am
Every day is a new day...

amancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond reputeamancharan has a reputation beyond repute

no, u are doing nothing illegal!!!!
u just have to tell them at the port of entry that u have a sponsorship application in process!! thats it.. they wont hassle u too much!!
on the contrary, did u get a travel visa?? i mean have u been granted the TRV or are u just waiting for it??
Old Apr 5th 2005, 7:26 am
Forum Regular

juliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the roughjuliusmaximus is a jewel in the rough

No, you clearly missunderstood me.
What I meant was, once you have an application running for PR, they keep a sharp eye on you whenever you come into Canada for a visit or a business trip .That's all. I wasn't insinuating you or your family were planning to overstay .
And oh yes, forget about the "a priori" part, my mistake, I won't use those words in here anymore ....mea culpa, mea maxima culpa
Old Apr 5th 2005, 8:12 am
Forum Regular

Hi

That is okay. I thought what u said "illegal" means i do something wrong. Oooooooppps~~~
Of course, we won't do it like overstay here and we don't want any problem or trouble coming. Won't overstay and she already has ticket of returning back to home.

Yah, my spouse already got her visitor visa last week. I was surprised. Our application has not been started processing at the visa office. cuz they will be forwarded to there by CIC and i don't know when the visa office will receive then start processing... ...