Wikiposts

Come on CHC London!

Old Apr 13th 2005, 1:10 am
Just Joined

Mimi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Come on CHC London!

Originally Posted by Majj
Mimi,

Were you given the choice of receiving your visa in the Gulf?

Also, did you send pp by secure method, ie Fedex/UPS
No. I submitted directly to CHC LONDON

PP sent by DHL

They sent the stamped documents through CHC Abu Dhabi and they sent by DHL too (and of course we have to pay on receipt)

Today I received the Passports after about 27 days
I am from Kuwait
Old Apr 13th 2005, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

Tim-Bo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there - continuation of conversation with BlairWitch but also open to info.

Have finally managed to get into e-cas system, Blairwitch your advice was good, but my wife uses a double barrel surname so it took a few attempts to see how they had used it.

Anyway - got in to e-cas it reports that they started processing the application on 4 March 2005 and sent a letter about the decision on 6 April 2005. So it says "Decision Made".

Now my question is (OK it could be good or bad news) lets assume it's good news. So does this mean this is just the decision on my wifes eligibility to sponsor me or is this the whole shebang Permanent resident visa and all?

Cheers

Tim
Old Apr 13th 2005, 2:40 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Tim, long time no speaky!

It just means the sponsorship decision. You should get a letter shortly. Your files will be winging their merry way to London and it won't be long before you hear from them either

Biiiiink
Old Apr 13th 2005, 2:51 am
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Majj
Thanks for enlightening me!

So let me get this right. First I receive the letter saying visas are ready, then I reply and eclient changes to decision made which signifies that the visas have actually been issued? (or in my case hopefully are in transit to Abu Dhabi?) - Please let me know!

Lastly, I wholly and unreservedly apologise for any offence cause to the hard core eclient users. Eclient is clearly the best system ever invented. Long live eclient!
Yes, this is my understanding based on observations I've been making over the last year and a half. There is a few exceptions, but in general E-client changes to Decision Made in two case:

1) The application is refused.
2) After the visa is issued.

I havn't seen a case where Decision Made appeared just when the person received the Passport request. It was always after sending the passport, and the issuance of the visa!
Old Apr 13th 2005, 2:55 am
The ECA Godfather

MJ23 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Biiiiink
Hey Tim, long time no speaky!

It just means the sponsorship decision. You should get a letter shortly. Your files will be winging their merry way to London and it won't be long before you hear from them either

Biiiiink
Hiii Biiiink, (I hope I got all the i's right )

How long does it usually take for spousal sponsorship from beiging to end? Let's assume the spouse will be applying at the London Embassy.

From what I see, it seems that it takes about 1 months for the sponsorship application and then about 6 months for the visa to be issued.
Old Apr 13th 2005, 1:52 pm
Forum Regular

blairwitch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Tim-Bo
Hi there - continuation of conversation with BlairWitch but also open to info.

Have finally managed to get into e-cas system, Blairwitch your advice was good, but my wife uses a double barrel surname so it took a few attempts to see how they had used it.

Anyway - got in to e-cas it reports that they started processing the application on 4 March 2005 and sent a letter about the decision on 6 April 2005. So it says "Decision Made".

Now my question is (OK it could be good or bad news) lets assume it's good news. So does this mean this is just the decision on my wifes eligibility to sponsor me or is this the whole shebang Permanent resident visa and all?

Cheers

Tim
Tim, I am so glad it worked for you! I guess I am lucky my husband is in Canada, as the mail seems to get there quicker!!!!!
And I would take it as good news, unless something really went wrong, I doubt your wife would be rejected!
Now as Biiiink said, it is only the sponsorship that has been approved, and now the wait is on. And MJ, I'm not an expert at London timelines but judging on past timelines I have seen it can take anywhere from a month, to 6 on average........
Old Apr 13th 2005, 7:11 pm
Forum Regular

Tim-Bo is an unknown quantity at this point

Yep - I'm a much happier bunny this morning pending receipt of the official letter.

Hi Biiiink, thanks for the nice words, has been a long time. Now I know they are processing it I'm feeling much better. I've got a high confidence level about my actual immigration application as I've only ever lived in the UK and had five addresses incl the one I've got at present and habe only ever worked for 3 employers since leaving school, clean police record and no medical problems - hopefully I should be a routine case, but I'm not counting too many chickens.....

Hopefully the time line should be about 5 -6 months and that will be spot on as ideally we'd like to leave the UK at the end of October. We will be in Canada at the end of may/beginning of June for two weeks to start to get the house sorted and get my wifes "stuff" out of storage and then we're taking my two children for a holiday of a lifetime for just over two weeks in August, so hopefully the time will go quite quickly, plus there will be so much to do in between.

Cheers

Tim
Old Apr 13th 2005, 9:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Biiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond reputeBiiiiink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MJ23
Hiii Biiiink, (I hope I got all the i's right )

How long does it usually take for spousal sponsorship from beiging to end? Let's assume the spouse will be applying at the London Embassy.

From what I see, it seems that it takes about 1 months for the sponsorship application and then about 6 months for the visa to be issued.
Hi MJ

For us it was 3mths beginning to end (although 5mths in reality because of non-delivery of PP request letter but that's another story and to do with the Royal Mail not CHC!). We applied in Aug 2005, things might have slowed since then. Yep, it was 1mth in Mississauga, then 2mths in London. Also, we didn't pay the RPRF fee up front so even with a request to pay that (which we did online instantly after receiving the letter) it was still just 2mths in London. We were pretty impressed!

They aim to process all spousal/partners in 6mths but there are lots here via London who are waiting longer than that. I think I'm right in saying they've all had requests for extra information and so on, we didn't have anything like that so that speeded us up no end.

Here's our timeline. Best of luck with your sponsorship when the time comes!

Rec'd Mississauga Aug 13th 2004
Started proc Sept 10th 2004
Decision made Sept 16th 2004
Started processing London Oct 16th 2004
Payment rec'd Mississauga Nov 15th 2004
PP request sent Nov 17th 2004 - NEVER REC'D!!
--
Faxed CHC Jan 16th for status, CHC called me Jan 17th
Submitted PP Jan 18th 2005
PR Visa rec'd Jan 26th 2005
Mr B Landed Feb 18th 2005

Biiiiink
Old Apr 16th 2005, 3:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Majj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really niceMajj is just really nice

Originally Posted by MJ23
Yes, this is my understanding based on observations I've been making over the last year and a half. There is a few exceptions, but in general E-client changes to Decision Made in two case:

1) The application is refused.
2) After the visa is issued.

I havn't seen a case where Decision Made appeared just when the person received the Passport request. It was always after sending the passport, and the issuance of the visa!
In my case a few days before I received the PP request the eclient added the words "medicals have been received".

A few days after I filled out the paperwork indicating i wanted visa issued in the Gulf and sent it back to CHC London, eclient changed to "decision made".

Anyway, do you know what the CHC will send back in the Self addressed envelope? Mind you it's been 26 days now since I sent it.