Clearing customs

Old Jan 3rd 2005, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice
Default Clearing customs

Hi,
could anyone tell me, when we ship our furniture over to Canada (to our house that would have been bought earlier,) when the container goes through customs if there is any problems, can a family member in Canada deal with customs on our behalf.
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 8:24 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clearing customs

Hi

Originally Posted by wensamjam
Hi,
could anyone tell me, when we ship our furniture over to Canada (to our house that would have been bought earlier,) when the container goes through customs if there is any problems, can a family member in Canada deal with customs on our behalf.
Not as long as they have a copy of the goods to follow list stamped by Customs.

PMM
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 8:56 am
BE Enthusiast

wensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nicewensamjam is just really nice

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Not as long as they have a copy of the goods to follow list stamped by Customs.

PMM
Hi,
i hope i don't sound nieve, but a copy of good to follow list, is that a list of contents in the container? If so, can we fax a copy of lists through to family member before the shipment leaves Uk? Thanks.
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 9:21 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by wensamjam
Hi,
i hope i don't sound nieve, but a copy of good to follow list, is that a list of contents in the container? If so, can we fax a copy of lists through to family member before the shipment leaves Uk? Thanks.
I assume that you are coming as Permanent Residents? If you wish to have goods as "settler effects" free from duties and taxes, you must have at the time of your landing two lists. 1. Goods in your possession and another goods to follow. Customs will stamp the lists. To retrieve your goods from the wharehouse you must present the stamped lists. Without the lists there is a good chance that Customs will not let them out of the wharehouse without a bond being posted.

See: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pbg/cf/b4a/b4a-04b.pdf
See: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/E/pub/cp/rc4151/rc4151-e.pdf

PMM
Old Jan 3rd 2005, 1:12 pm
Premium Member

Tiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of lightTiaribbon is a glorious beacon of light

Wendy, run a search on some of my recent posts. We have just entered Canada with our settlers list and list of goods to follow. I think I explained it fairly comprehensively but if there is anything you aren't sure about send me a PM. It was really easy though,blooming time-consuming!

If you don;t complete a list of goods to follow when you land, then you will be liable for tax on all your belongings......we even had to complete one for our pony otherwise we were going to be taxed not only on her commercial value but also on the total shipping costs!!! And that would have been a lot!

PS. I think that anyone who is in possession of the list and has authorisation from you can go to sign for your belongings. This is certainly the case with our pony. The shippers are carrying her customs forms with them when they cross the border tomorrow.