Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Clarification on timeline for a Medical.

Clarification on timeline for a Medical.

Old Nov 19th 2007, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

andyg is a jewel in the roughandyg is a jewel in the roughandyg is a jewel in the roughandyg is a jewel in the rough
Default Clarification on timeline for a Medical.

I posed this question about 6 weeks ago, i would like to know how long before you are called for a medical from submitting your application, we are from the U.K. and applying through the skilled catagory.

Initially i was advised by Andrew Miller (thanks Andrew) the following:

"You are a Brit as indicated in another post, so you will be applying through CHC London - currently submitted simplified applications will not get into pre-assessment stage (when asked for full package of forms and documents) for at least 49 months from submission as their AOR letters indicate."

But my Solicitor in Toronto has responded with the following:

"Currently, the posted processing times range from 31 to 38 months through London."

I am wondering which figure to take 31/38 months or 49 months?

The reason i am trying to pinpoint a good time to submit my Application is because i want to coincide the Medical as close to my Cancer being 5 years old and considered cured( which will be in 44 months) and also take into account i don`t want my eldest son to be to old when we move, he is currently 26 months old.

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by andyg; Nov 19th 2007 at 6:58 pm.
Old Nov 19th 2007, 7:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Clarification on timeline for a Medical.

I am wondering which figure to take 31/38 months or 49 months?
31-38 is for applications submitted around three years ago; 49 months is for new applications submitted today, and could be even longer if some of the proposed immigration rule changes go through.