Wikiposts

City to Live

Old Jan 1st 2006, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

Location: Utah to New York and New York to Quebec or Elsewhere, confused!
Utah2Quebec is an unknown quantity at this point
Default City to Live

13. In which city or region in Quebec do you plan to live?
Answer: Quebec City

My question: Is it possible for me to move to some other cities within Quebec if I cannot live in Quebec City (becuase of job and things like that)?

How long do I need to live in Quebec (if I go through Quebec Immigration process) before I move to other parts of Canada? I would like to live in Quebec for the rest of my life, but if it is too hard for me and my family to live there, then I need to think about moving away from Quebec.

Happy New Year to all of you.
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 12:15 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: City to Live

Originally Posted by Utah2Quebec

My question: Is it possible for me to move to some other cities within Quebec if I cannot live in Quebec City (becuase of job and things like that)?
Could somebody please tell me something about my question above before this thread dies?

Thanks
Old Jan 2nd 2006, 9:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Yes

How long do I need to live in Quebec (if I go through Quebec Immigration process) before I move to other parts of Canada? I would like to live in Quebec for the rest of my life, but if it is too hard for me and my family to live there, then I need to think about moving away from Quebec.
No Idea, but I'm sure an expert can help you out.

Happy New Year

Dozzzzy
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

cov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to beholdcov-canuck is a splendid one to behold

Could somebody please tell me something about my question above before this thread dies?

Thanks
Your thread won't die, it will just move on indefinitely. Generally the experts seem to do a massive reply to everything within a couple of days, so don't panic if you don't get a response immediately (especially taking into account time differences!). Here's a free bump to the top anyway.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 12:43 am
Banned

Butch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond reputeButch Cassidy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cov-canuck
Your thread won't die, it will just move on indefinitely. Generally the experts seem to do a massive reply to everything within a couple of days, so don't panic if you don't get a response immediately (especially taking into account time differences!). Here's a free bump to the top anyway.
Well after this I aint giving anybody else a leg up to the top
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

dozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond reputedozzzzy has a reputation beyond repute

Thinking about this some more, if you are just going via the federal skilled worker route, and not PNP, then I don't think that there are any restrictions on where you settle. The only restriction that I can think of, would be, that as you applied with Quebec CSQ you have to land in Quebec, if you don't have the CSQ you cannot land in Quebec. Once you have landed you are eligible to move to any province of your choice.

I think that there was a post on here last year by Andrew Miller that showed, that a family who applied under an eastern (NS, PEI, NB, not sure which)province PNP, that tried to land in BC, during the landing process they managed to indicate to the immigration officer that they had no intention of settling in the province of the PNP and were denied permission to land or had to go to an immigration tribunal/court, sorry my mind is a little fuzzy on all the details.

I hope that was right.

So to sum that up, if you applied under a PNP program land in the province that granted you PNP, especially if it was Quebec, or show that you are going on their and will settle in the province that selected you.

If you applied under any Quebec program DO land in Quebec, if you applied under any federal program DO NOT land in Quebec. Once you are landed you can then move to where ever you like including into or out of Quebec. If you have applied under one of the PNP programs I think that Andrew said that you will need to give it a decent crack and prove that for what ever reason you could not settle in the province that selected you for PNP.

I think I have paraphrase several responses from Andrew correctly, but you might want to wait for him or one of the other experts to stop by to give you a definitive answer. Hopefully I haven't misled you to much.

Dozzzzy
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 1:49 am
BE Enthusiast

Ibraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to allIbraheem is a name known to all

If you applied through Quebec route, you must have signed a declaration of intend to reside in the province of Quebec, so your selection was made upon this fact that your immigrating to Quebec (the province of course).

so you should not based on this declaration simply move to other provinces once landed, as your declaration is clear, however if you really intended to reside in Quebec (and can prove that) but could not then you are free to move wherever you want as a Canadian, so there might not be a clear answer to your question after how long can I move out side Quebec, if they find out that you intended to settle elsewhere in the first place (when you made your application) then they can -theoretically- revoke your status as it would be fraud.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

Thank you everybody for replying to my questions and helping to keep this thread alive.

Just to make things clear, I am not planning on moving out of Quebec if things work out for me. I mentioned clearly in my first message that I would like to live in Quebec for the rest of my life. I mean it. I do not have desire to live in other parts of Canada, which is not much different than the US and I am already in the US with good job and very good chance of getting my greencard if I pursue for it. I am trying to move to Quebec becuase I love French language and I always wanted to live in a French speaking community where people welcome and love immigrants unlike other French speaking countries.

Thanks

Last edited by Utah2Quebec; Jan 3rd 2006 at 10:00 am.
Old Jan 3rd 2006, 9:05 am
Remya

I always wanted to live in a French speaking community where people welcome and love immigrants unlike some other countries that speak French but do not welcome immigrants.
Hmm. Are you totally bilingual? If not, you might not find Quebec City all that welcoming. Even if you are, be prepared to have your qualifications regarded as somewhat lower than the Canadian equivalent. Living in Quebec, I would not say that immigrants are welcomed and loved but I am sure you will have done your homework on this so wish you luck in achieving what you want!

Old Jan 3rd 2006, 10:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Remya
Hmm. Are you totally bilingual? If not, you might not find Quebec City all that welcoming. Even if you are, be prepared to have your qualifications regarded as somewhat lower than the Canadian equivalent. Living in Quebec, I would not say that immigrants are welcomed and loved but I am sure you will have done your homework on this so wish you luck in achieving what you want!
I am not bilingual (if you are talking about French and English). I have basic understanding of French language and love it and would like to be fluent in it.

If Quebec City or Quebec Province is not that welcoming to immigrants, then what part of Canada is most welcoming to immigrants, especially a person with brown color skin and black hair? I am not changing my plan to move to Quebec just because you did not find Quebec that welcoming to immigrants, but just wanted to know what part of Canada is the best for immigrants. I have lived in states like Alabama, Mississippi and never had any problem with anybody even though people think these states still have racism and do not like foreigners.

About my qualification not getting enough respect, I do not mind getting a degree in Quebec like HEC-Montreal MBA or McGill MBA (even though I received my Bachelor's and Master's degrees from a university in the US).

Thanks