City & Guilds Transcripts

Old Mar 3rd 2021, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

ryder32 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default City & Guilds Transcripts

I am trying to get an ECA from WES Canada for my diplomas by City and guilds. Should I do an archive search and select Confirmation of Qualification or request a final results sheet from the centre I studied at. Anyone done this process before ?

WES states the following in their faq so not sure on the result sheet route from centre/school.
"We cannot accept transcripts from your school; we need them from your examining body."
Old Mar 4th 2021, 8:02 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: City & Guilds Transcripts

Originally Posted by ryder32
I am trying to get an ECA from WES Canada for my diplomas by City and guilds. Should I do an archive search and select Confirmation of Qualification or request a final results sheet from the centre I studied at. Anyone done this process before ?

WES states the following in their faq so not sure on the result sheet route from centre/school.
"We cannot accept transcripts from your school; we need them from your examining body."
Hi, welcome to BE.

It's not a confirmation of qualification that you need, it's a transcript which is a document that shows everything you studied, your marks for each bit of the course and the dates and it's usually the school that would supply that. Can you give us a link to where on the WES website you're reading that they won't accept transcripts from a college?

And depending on what you studied, most City & Guilds course won't normally count for points purposes anyway as they're vocational rather than academic, so it may not be worth doing anyway. What subject was it and was it full-time classroom based study?
Old Mar 4th 2021, 8:40 am
Just Joined

Hi,

I did an IVQ 5 and 3 in telecommunications. I have a bachelors as well and thought that an extra certificate or diploma would be worth the points. I have seen BTEC get points for a year's standing and since I know IVQ 5 gives advanced standing in university, it would be worth a try at least. Guess I will contact the college then to get the transcript.

The part on transcripts was in the WES FAQ. Also if WES doesn't recognize C&G, should I try CES. I have seen some members in the forum with positive experiences

Last edited by ryder32; Mar 4th 2021 at 8:42 am.
Old Mar 4th 2021, 8:42 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ryder32
Hi,

I did an IVQ 5 and 3 in telecommunications. I have a bachelors as well and thought that an extra certificate or diploma would be worth the points. I have seen BTEC get points for a year's standing and since I know IVQ 5 gives advanced standing in university, it would be worth a try at least. Guess I will contact the college then to get the transcript.

The part on transcripts was in the WES FAQ
Have you got a link? Just wondering if it's in the general assessment FAQ bit rather than the ECA one.

Telecommunications sounds professional or vocational to me rather than academic, but I have to confess I'm only guessing as I don't really know what a qualification in telecommunications would cover! Worth a try maybe if you need the points, what are you scoring on the CRS without it?
Old Mar 4th 2021, 8:48 am
Just Joined

wes help under required documents, don't have enough rep to put the url. It is more of a professional but I have seen it get advanced standing. Hope it counts for something at least. I won't have enough points without it, can't remember the CRS