Citizenship Timeline

Old Mar 25th 2011, 8:15 am
Forum Regular

Irri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Citizenship Timeline

Sorry if this has been covered before, but I could find a thread about my situation.

As my mother was born in Canada, I am allowed Canadian citizenship (touch wood). The application just involved me handing in a few birth certificates. Does anyone know if this sort of application takes as long as other types and if they are likely do lots of checks that take ages?

Also, if I am married, can my wife come with me fairly easily or is it a lengthy application?

Thanks in advance.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 9:32 am
Forum Regular

samb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nicesamb29 is just really nice
Default Re: Citizenship Timeline

I have just submitted my application for Proof of Citizenship through descent, so the same as you are doing at the moment. The current processing time is 12 - 15 months for it to be done and for your proof to be received.

Once you have that, you can then sponsor your wife for permanent residency. You can find the forms on the CIC website. That will then take a number of months to process.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 10:01 am
Forum Regular

Thanks.

Wow, that's a long time for something that I would have thought would be quite straightforward.
Old Mar 25th 2011, 11:10 am
BE Enthusiast

caleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond reputecaleo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Irri
Thanks.

Wow, that's a long time for something that I would have thought would be quite straightforward.
For some people it comes through quicker - about 7 months or so - but you need to be prepared to wait if you are not one of the fortunate!
Old Mar 25th 2011, 11:51 am
Forum Regular

Thanks. Nice to know.