Citizenship Tests- Agghh

Old Oct 6th 2014, 6:49 pm
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Photoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Tests- Agghh

Originally Posted by Nametske
Thank you all so much for your support. Still really nervous though, sometimes I get 20 out of 20 and then something comes up that I cannot even remember reading.
Can anyone tell me about the test itself, is it good old fashioned pencil and paper, or is it on a computer? If they say be there at 8:30am does the test happen pretty quickly or do we all get interviewed first? Can anyone tell me which sites / apps they use to practice on?
The iPhone app I used is:

"Canadian Citizenship Test Questions" by Pixerian. The app is free, but there's an in-app purchase of $2.99 to get all the questions.

I just drilled myself with this for about a week or two, and breezed the test. You'll learn the questions/answers by rote. In fact, I was even testing myself with it on my phone in the test room whilst I waited for an hour for all the other people to get interviewed, verified, and sat down.

(There was another app but I can't remember the name of it now)

Last edited by Photoplex; Oct 6th 2014 at 7:02 pm.
Old Oct 6th 2014, 10:06 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

There are about 10 or more free apps, no need to pay for anything.

The main thing to do on the test is take time and make sure you tick the correct boxes, as in make sure u match up the answers with the questions !!

I have a tendency to skip difficult questions and go back so I had to be carefull otherwise a 20/20 becomes 0/20 :@(

Last edited by magnumpi; Oct 6th 2014 at 10:11 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2014, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Nametske is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been using "How Canadian Are You, Eh", even the name makes me laugh. I can get 20/20 on here, thought I would try some others, you do tend to get some different questions. I don't think I shall ever feel prepared...... 48 hours to go..... Is there still a section of questions you have to get right. Some people say yes, some people say that is not the case anymore, has anyone taken the test recently. I am in Edmonton, AB. Thank you.
Old Oct 7th 2014, 2:17 pm
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Photoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond reputePhotoplex has a reputation beyond repute

I have been using "How Canadian Are You, Eh", even the name makes me laugh. I can get 20/20 on here, thought I would try some others, you do tend to get some different questions. I don't think I shall ever feel prepared...... 48 hours to go..... Is there still a section of questions you have to get right. Some people say yes, some people say that is not the case anymore, has anyone taken the test recently. I am in Edmonton, AB. Thank you.
Took it 2 months ago. No mandatory questions to get right - it's just straight 20 questions, 15 to pass.
Old Oct 7th 2014, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Did you take it in Calgary, just being nosey.
Old Oct 7th 2014, 3:05 pm
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Did you take it in Calgary, just being nosey.
Yup. Be prepared to wait a long time on the day to take the actual test. From arriving, to actually putting pen to paper, was probably 3 hours. Bring snacks and water.

Last edited by Photoplex; Oct 7th 2014 at 3:09 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2014, 3:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers and good luck
Old Oct 9th 2014, 2:21 am
Britnadian

hpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of lighthpka is a glorious beacon of light

I personally found that either the online version or the apps from Ace The Test! - CitizenshipCounts.ca worked very well for helping me revise.

Also, get yourself the audiobook version of the study guide, play it to yourself in the car...

+ read the book a few times of course

EDIT: And I passed no problem

Last edited by hpka; Oct 9th 2014 at 2:21 am. Reason: Added that I passed
Old Oct 9th 2014, 12:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats hpka!!
Old Oct 9th 2014, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

I would like to say thank you to all of you for your good advice and good wishes. They all paid off and I passed my test this morning in Edmonton. Such a huge relief. Test was not too difficult, just a couple of tricky judicial questions. Very nearly officially Canadian. Thank you
Old Oct 9th 2014, 9:35 pm
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute

well done
Old Oct 9th 2014, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Old Oct 9th 2014, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute

I just had to be British and swear the oath. Easy Peasy.
Old Oct 11th 2014, 12:16 am
Forum Regular

zoec is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats!!
Old Jan 11th 2015, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

TomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond reputeTomHoney has a reputation beyond repute

test seems quite straight forward. Do you need to memorize the national anthem or the oath as well?

I understand this information is probably available. But is there anything else i need to take other than passport, PR card, Drivers licence. health card?

Test on monday.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.