Citizenship test for teenage son

Old Jul 4th 2014, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Citizenship test for teenage son

I've had a look on here and google but I couldn't find an answer to my question so I'm hoping one of you peeps will know.

I have checked the citizenship calculator and I have been here in AB long enough now to apply for citizenship. My teenage son is now 16 and will obviously be over 18 by the time we become citizens. Will he have to take the citizenship test? I know with PNP the application is based on the kids ages when you first apply not what age they are when you finally get nominated etc but is it the same for citizenship? I am hoping he won't have to take it as it's hard enough getting him to study for school never-mind for becoming a citizen. Hope that makes sense
Old Jul 4th 2014, 6:09 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship test for teenage son

Hi

Originally Posted by farjojo71
I've had a look on here and google but I couldn't find an answer to my question so I'm hoping one of you peeps will know.

I have checked the citizenship calculator and I have been here in AB long enough now to apply for citizenship. My teenage son is now 16 and will obviously be over 18 by the time we become citizens. Will he have to take the citizenship test? I know with PNP the application is based on the kids ages when you first apply not what age they are when you finally get nominated etc but is it the same for citizenship? I am hoping he won't have to take it as it's hard enough getting him to study for school never-mind for becoming a citizen. Hope that makes sense

Under the present Act, he doesn't have to take the test, under the new Act when enacted, he would.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

farjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond reputefarjojo71 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

Under the present Act, he doesn't have to take the test, under the new Act when enacted, he would.
Thanks PMM. Do you know when the new act is being implemented?
Old Jul 5th 2014, 6:17 am
BE Enthusiast

Ahhh I think I have found it and it's already in practice if what I read was right. Damn lol
Old Jul 5th 2014, 6:23 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by farjojo71
Ahhh I think I have found it and it's already in practice if what I read was right. Damn lol
No, it hasn't been gazetted, so the old Act holds sway, probably for up to another year.
Old Jul 5th 2014, 5:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

No, it hasn't been gazetted, so the old Act holds sway, probably for up to another year.
Thanks PMM.