Citizenship test

Old Oct 14th 2014, 2:24 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute
Default Citizenship test

We can't apply for citizenship until March next year, providing they don't change the rules by then, otherwise we're in for a further 18 month wait.
I was wondering though; I keep doing the online tests, over and over and generally get around 95%. So by the time we take the test I feel confident I should pass. My question though is "is it really that simple or am I missing something crucial????"
I've got plenty of time to practice but I hate exams so worrying already that I'm completely overlooking something?
Thanks for your answers
Old Oct 14th 2014, 2:30 am

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship test

It is just as simple as you found it.
Old Oct 14th 2014, 11:39 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jim Humphries
It is just as simple as you found it.
Oh good, I was kind of worrying that there may be more to it. Now fingers crossed they don't change the rules until after we apply!!
Old Oct 14th 2014, 6:22 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Oh good, I was kind of worrying that there may be more to it. Now fingers crossed they don't change the rules until after we apply!!
Doing the tests before you've even applied.

Bit keen. Lol!
Old Oct 14th 2014, 10:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JamesM
Doing the tests before you've even applied.

Bit keen. Lol!
I know, I think I'm a bit OCD on this one... what is the pass rate? 80%?
Old Oct 15th 2014, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Cabbagetown is a jewel in the roughCabbagetown is a jewel in the roughCabbagetown is a jewel in the roughCabbagetown is a jewel in the rough

back in 2008 the test was very very easy. There was a book called "A closer look at Canada" which I studied extensively, I knew every page, for the event the test would be tricky.

In reality it turned out that the test was very easy. Multiple choice, and with a pencil to mark the answers, which was probably read and evaluated by a computer which appeared to be out of the 1990ies or so? I also believe that the answers on the political system and the electoral system in Canada weighed more than the questions on geography or history.

Approximately 40 to 50 people turned up for the test, and the largest time was spent signing people in, checking their IDs, Passports for entry stamps , and asking for utility bills etc.. to satisfy the officers who were doing the exams. I think that part took close to two hours, then afterwards, followed the test. I had the answers in less then 10 minutes.

Today the test might have gotten more difficult. Plan at least half a day for that eventful day.

Last edited by Cabbagetown; Oct 15th 2014 at 7:15 pm.
Old Oct 16th 2014, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

paw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond repute

I know, I think I'm a bit OCD on this one... what is the pass rate? 80%?
Apparently even for the new test the pass rate is virtually 100% for Brits, Australians and New Zealanders.

Last edited by paw339; Oct 16th 2014 at 4:15 am.
Old Oct 16th 2014, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by paw339
Apparently even for the new test the pass rate is virtually 100% for Brits, Australians and New Zealanders.
Well I've been using this site for practice questions...occasionally I'm stumped by one but on the whole it's easy enough... I saw somebody mentioned a question about the highest mountain in Canada so now I'm worried again because I haven't had that question in the tests so wondering what else there might be that I'm missing!!!!
Free Online Canadian Citizenship Practice Test - Discover Canada
Old Oct 16th 2014, 1:54 pm

Jim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond reputeJim Humphries has a reputation beyond repute

You just have to pass the test, not ace it. Relax.
Old Oct 16th 2014, 4:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond reputeMarkG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paw339
Unless it's changed since I took the test in 2012, if you understand English or French, you can get 50% by ignoring the two stupid answers for each question, and picking randomly between the two that are left. You only need 75% to pass, so, if you're getting 90+% on the online practice tests, you shouldn't have much to worry about.

Took me about ninety seconds. Then I spent ten minutes checking and rechecking all the answers because I hadn't ticked a single 'B' on the answer sheet.
Old Oct 16th 2014, 6:20 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkG
Unless it's changed since I took the test in 2012, if you understand English or French, you can get 50% by ignoring the two stupid answers for each question, and picking randomly between the two that are left. You only need 75% to pass, so, if you're getting 90+% on the online practice tests, you shouldn't have much to worry about.

Took me about ninety seconds. Then I spent ten minutes checking and rechecking all the answers because I hadn't ticked a single 'B' on the answer sheet.
Here is the most up to date stats I found.

More people failing revamped citizenship tests - Politics - CBC News

I heard around 30% fail. I can believe it but if you are from England (similar political structure) and have been through the book and practised on line to the point where you are getting 85%+ each time then you will be fine.
Old Oct 17th 2014, 2:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Well que sera sera... I have another year to practice! lol But thanks everybody for the input... Geez I'm so useless at all these stressful things
Old Oct 18th 2014, 2:04 am
BE Enthusiast

pinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to beholdpinzo is a splendid one to behold

Well que sera sera... I have another year to practice! lol But thanks everybody for the input... Geez I'm so useless at all these stressful things
I did my test quite recently and it really is that easy.
I did all the online test, like you (however I didn't start quite as early as you did LOL!) and I was the same...80-90% but when I took the actual test I ended up with 100%...but as it has been already said, you don't need to ace it, just get the necessary 75% to pass.
Just to note; there were about 50 people taking the test the day I took it, and the Immigration clerk told us that we all passed it....so it really IS that easy.

Don't worry about the test.
Old Oct 18th 2014, 11:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by pinzo
I did my test quite recently and it really is that easy.
I did all the online test, like you (however I didn't start quite as early as you did LOL!) and I was the same...80-90% but when I took the actual test I ended up with 100%...but as it has been already said, you don't need to ace it, just get the necessary 75% to pass.
Just to note; there were about 50 people taking the test the day I took it, and the Immigration clerk told us that we all passed it....so it really IS that easy.

Don't worry about the test.
Thanks... I'll try to relax... Now, where did I put the wine? lol
Old Oct 19th 2014, 1:49 am
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

It's easy if u study, which sounds like u are, it's only guna be hard if English is difficult to read, understand verbally and write. I know a few who have failed, 2, but of the 2 English was not their first language, nor was it even that strong verbally with one guy, constantly asking a younger family member to repeat what I have said.

Funny tho that they had passed an immigration English test ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.