Citizenship Oath and Passport

Old Mar 12th 2001, 12:00 am
Jane_C

I will be making my Citizenship Oath next month, but my British passport has expired. Do I
have to get my British passport renewed before I attend the oath ceremony, or will it be
ok to leave it as is?

I'll of course be applying for a Canadian Passport straight after I become a
Canadian Citizen.

Old Mar 12th 2001, 1:30 am
Saifullah Khan Ghori

Jane, One does not need a valid foreign passport to take the citizenship oath. However do
take with you your expired British passport. I doubt they would even ask you for it but
take it in any case. S K Ghori.

Jane_C wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Old Mar 12th 2001, 2:50 am
D. Gian

Dear Jane: You don't have to renew your British Passport to take oath ... two different
countries .... Furthermore, Since Canada allows dual citizenship, and so does GB, you
should be able to maintain your British citizenship as well. --D. Gian.

Jane_C wrote:

>
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

--
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need To Discuss your specific immigration issue(s) ? Please Contact Us via Phone For
Services on Your Specific Immigration Matters. Phone Consultation fee of US$ 50 (credited
towards any immigration work done for you within 30 days of the phone consultation)
Immigration & Visas International
Team of Specialized Immigration Consultants & Lawyers Providing Immigration and Job
Searches in: USA, CANADA, AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND Also providing Notary Services for the
Sate of New Jersey, USA.
################################################## #########################
New Jersey, USA Office: Immigration and Visas Int'l 7 Village Road, Kendall Park, NJ 08824
Voice: (732) 821-6077 Fax: (732) 821-1615 Mailto: [email protected]

(If Replying or Requesting your immigration assessment, Mailto:
[email protected] )

World Wide Web URL= http://www.immigrationandvisas.com
!!!!!!! DISCLAIMER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DISCLAIMER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Disclaimer: This email/correspondence is not intended to establish an attorney-client
relationship. All information contained in this email/correspondence is generalized. Any
reliance on information contained herein is taken at your own risk. Contact our Office(s)
Via Phone to get Specific Information regarding Your Issue(s).