Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Citizenship interview - Employment letter ???

Citizenship interview - Employment letter ???

Old Jul 1st 2014, 5:32 am
Just Joined

Transplant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Citizenship interview - Employment letter ???

We have a date for our interview and the checklist refers to a letter from place of employment showing start and finish dates. Considering I have been self-employed since 1985 I am not sure of how I should best address this and could not get through on the phone line to speak to anyone. I am thinking I should write a letter naming myself as the company President and Director, which seems kind of pointless. Can anyone enlighten me as to what I am supposed to have exactly. I do have all the required tax assessments showing employment income as required for the prior 4 years before application as well as all other documentation requested. The only confusion I am having is with this referral to a letter from place of employment.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 5:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship interview - Employment letter ???

Are you registered as a business in your Province? If registered then a copy of that should suffice or any business number issued by Revenue Canada that shows you are self employed.
Old Jul 1st 2014, 5:54 am
Just Joined

Transplant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Citizenship interview - Employment letter ???

Thanks Former Lancastrian. I have the business number memorized and I can take some Revenue Canada paperwork to verify just in case. Just trying to make sure I have my ducks in a row for the big day on Friday.