Citizenship Application Timeline

Old Feb 27th 2018, 1:01 am
Chips & Gravy

jennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Citizenship Application Timeline

I applied as soon as the rules changed too.

Applied - Oct 16
AOR - Nov 21
In Process - Nov 30
Test Invite - Dec 19
Test - Jan 24

Been waiting for my oath for a month now. So fast my timeline, I was surprised as usually my stuff moves super slow.
Old Feb 28th 2018, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Turtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Turtle
Finally got our invitation to the ceremony. So if anyone's interested, our timeline was - mailed documents April 2017, received by CIC May 10, receipt acknowledged June 20, processing started June 29, test January 20 2018, ceremony Feb 23. This is for an application in Ontario, GTA.

And even better, my wife & I didn't have to take the test as we're over 54 even though the rule was that you had to be over 64 at the time we actually applied. Obviously last year's changes were retroactive.

Reached journey's end last Friday when my family & I became Canadians. So only a month between the test and the ceremony, which I guess isn't bad compared to some.

Our only issue now is that because they took our PR cards my son, who is 22 and doesn't have a driving licence, has no way of proving his age in LCBO or a bar! Looks like he's going to be taking his G1 soon :-)
Old Feb 28th 2018, 6:31 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Turtle
Reached journey's end last Friday when my family & I became Canadians. So only a month between the test and the ceremony, which I guess isn't bad compared to some.

Our only issue now is that because they took our PR cards my son, who is 22 and doesn't have a driving licence, has no way of proving his age in LCBO or a bar! Looks like he's going to be taking his G1 soon :-)
1, Or he could carry his passport when he goes out drinking.
Old Feb 28th 2018, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Turtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PMM
Hi

1, Or he could carry his passport when he goes out drinking.
Yeah.. I can see that ending well...
Old Mar 1st 2018, 4:25 pm
Just Joined

vikulja55 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi , what do you think about immigration lawyers ? Does anyone have positive experience while working with them? Could you advise somebody?
Old Mar 1st 2018, 4:57 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vikulja55
Hi , what do you think about immigration lawyers ? Does anyone have positive experience while working with them? Could you advise somebody?
Hi, welcome to BE. Most people don't need to use a lawyer, unless they have complicated circumstances.

But please start your own thread for info/advice as your question isn't really related to this thread, and people will be happy to give you their views.
Old Mar 1st 2018, 4:58 pm
Nuther day in paradise.ca

magnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond reputemagnumpi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vikulja55
No need for one just for a Citizenship application
Old Mar 8th 2018, 6:02 pm
Chips & Gravy

jennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of light

Just got my invite to take my oath on April 10.

So from start to finish it was just shy of 6 months. Not too bad.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 2:38 am
Forum Regular

dominiqueincanada is an unknown quantity at this point

I passed my citizenship test today. The information sheet we were given stated that we would be invited for our citizenship ceremony in 3 - 5 months.
Old Mar 9th 2018, 9:22 am
Just Joined

vikulja55 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good results. But I'm afraid to make mistakes during application process
Old Mar 14th 2018, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

MrWindUpBird is on a distinguished road

Here's an update to mine:

Applied: Oct 11th, 2017
Application Acknowledged: Nov 26th, 2017
Notice to Appear: Jan 26th, 2018
Citizenship Test: Feb 21st, 2018
Invitation to oath ceremony: Mar 14th, 2018
Oath: Apr 13th, 2018

Luckily they avoided a trip I'm taking at the end of April (And the trip is inside Canada so no worries there).

Does anyone know how long the oath ceremony is likely to take? I'll be doing it in Vancouver and the scheduled start time is 8am. Just wondering if I need to book the day off or if I'll just be showing up late...

Last edited by MrWindUpBird; Mar 14th 2018 at 5:14 pm. Reason: Add date of invitation
Old Mar 15th 2018, 5:03 pm
Chips & Gravy

Originally Posted by MrWindUpBird
Here's an update to mine:

Applied: Oct 11th, 2017
Application Acknowledged: Nov 26th, 2017
Notice to Appear: Jan 26th, 2018
Citizenship Test: Feb 21st, 2018
Invitation to oath ceremony: Mar 14th, 2018
Oath: Apr 13th, 2018

Luckily they avoided a trip I'm taking at the end of April (And the trip is inside Canada so no worries there).

Does anyone know how long the oath ceremony is likely to take? I'll be doing it in Vancouver and the scheduled start time is 8am. Just wondering if I need to book the day off or if I'll just be showing up late...
Congrats!

I think I read it can take a couple of hours, I dunno though. Mine's on April 10th in Vancouver, I'll let you know how long it went on for.
Old Mar 15th 2018, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by jennellapea
Congrats!

I think I read it can take a couple of hours, I dunno though. Mine's on April 10th in Vancouver, I'll let you know how long it went on for.
I found a video on the IRCC website about the ceremony, it said to allow 2-3 hours:

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...-ceremony.html
Old Mar 16th 2018, 10:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Didn’t I read somewhere that your employer has to give you the day off on that day? (Seriously , not joking)
Old Mar 16th 2018, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Didn’t I read somewhere that your employer has to give you the day off on that day? (Seriously , not joking)
I've never heard that! I know you are entitled to some time off to vote. I doubt it would be paid, though...

It wouldn't be a problem for me anyway given the industry I work in (tech), but as my boss is also going through the citizenship application I doubt she would say no...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.