Citizenship Application Timeline

Old Jan 25th 2017, 5:27 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Application Timeline

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Thank you! I think the Qs in:

How Canadian are You, eh?

are a little harder than I envisage the test will be, but I like the site.

S
I got 55%. My boyfriend got 2 questions wrong I that I asked him about lol
Old Jan 25th 2017, 5:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but you haven't spent the last 3 weeks reading Discover Canada! All the obscure answers are in there.

Try a British citizenship test ... I tried one of those the other day and got 66% so would have failed.
Old Jan 25th 2017, 5:38 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, but you haven't spent the last 3 weeks reading Discover Canada! All the obscure answers are in there.
When the time comes (approx 4 years times) I'll be better.

I'm sure you will be fine though.

As others have said it's a memory test with facts and dates
Old Jan 25th 2017, 2:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you! I think the Qs in:

How Canadian are You, eh?

are a little harder than I envisage the test will be, but I like the site.

S
I got a decent enough score (85%?) mainly by a process of elimination . Louis Riel & Canada's first astronaut (whose name I've already forgotten) tripped me up!
Old Apr 11th 2017, 12:41 am
x 0 x

JB0591 will become famous soon enoughJB0591 will become famous soon enough

We got our date for the ceremony today. Not bad as we applied December 30th 2016, Test on March 2nd, Ceremony 24th April.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

By contrast, I had my test on 26 Jan. Got Decision Made on 27 Jan. And no news on the Oath. I think the Vancouver Office is a bit slower!
Old Apr 11th 2017, 1:32 am
x 0 x

By contrast, I had my test on 26 Jan. Got Decision Made on 27 Jan. And no news on the Oath. I think the Vancouver Office is a bit slower!
We had a 2 week delay (I think) whilst the reviewed my passport stamps in detail.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 1:33 am
BE Forum Addict

This is the only delay I've had. Up to Decision Made it's been very quick and straightforward.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 1:34 am
x 0 x

This is the only delay I've had. Up to Decision Made it's been very quick and straightforward.
Ours has not even shown up on the online system.
Old Apr 11th 2017, 1:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Mine changed to Decision Made the day after the test ... but nothing since then.
Old Apr 12th 2017, 7:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to beholdTony_Tiger is a splendid one to behold

I applied back in November 2016. I received acknowledgement back in February 2017.
I entered my application info onto the tracking site but nothing is coming up.
Old Apr 24th 2017, 6:54 pm
x 0 x

So citizenship achieved. Great little ceremony in Ottawa today with a fellow 79 new Canadians. For those who are on this path keep the head up, it will happen.
Old Apr 25th 2017, 12:18 am
BE Enthusiast

misplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond reputemisplacedheidi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JB0591
So citizenship achieved. Great little ceremony in Ottawa today with a fellow 79 new Canadians. For those who are on this path keep the head up, it will happen.
Congrats!
Old Apr 25th 2017, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

NavyBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

All good news in our house. I was lucky to get fast tracked under the Canadian Armed Forces amendment - 6 weeks from application to ceremony. Unfortunately due to the change in dates/times/residence my wife and daughter couldn't apply at the same time.

Fast forward and they hit the magic numbers and applied mid January this year. Yesterday the letter arrived inviting them to the Oath ceremony first week of May. It is a big weight off our minds as even with PR there is always that worry at the back of your mind that PR can be withdrawn and then what?

It seems here in Ottawa that if your application is not contentious and straight forward then timelines are in the matter of months start to finish.

Just to add the application for citizenship is easier in terms of things you need to get than say PR. The forms are easy to understand and fill in - make sure you get the right signature dates and they match up with your date eligible to apply from the online calculator.

You need to prove your English (or French) abilities, we used copies of UK school reports, exam certificates and a screen grab of our old schools internet home pages. We also added a screen shot of the UK government webpage on UK schools curriculums and the fact they are in English. It saved us having to re-do any language tests.

One big one is having your COPR/original landing documents. If you have a new passport then you must have the old one and the original documents available. I know of one person who ignored all the warnings about this and was rejected at the interview after the test.

Last edited by NavyBoy; Apr 25th 2017 at 3:11 pm.
Old May 29th 2017, 2:53 pm
Forum Regular

Turtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond reputeTurtle has a reputation beyond repute

PR since 2003 and finally got round to applying May 2nd 2017....waiting for it to show up on the CIC system.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.