Citizenship Application Timeline

Old Nov 17th 2021, 8:36 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Application Timeline

Originally Posted by orly
Did the ceremony, Kinda butchered the french bits but oh well. All done.
Congratulations!

Old Nov 17th 2021, 8:48 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Paz7
how long was it and does one get a timeslot etc? Guessing everyone on video / audio? Must sound a little chaotic?
I applied for my citizenship online back in February. Once you go through all the steps they email you a timeslot.

Took about an hour and a half. Involved a lot of sitting around on mute waiting while they registered everyone, checked IDs and stuff. Then the guy in charge did a little speech, there was the oath in both languages and then the national anthem (hald english half french) which was a bit tough on a video call with 40+ others but whatever.
Old Nov 17th 2021, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

Paz7 is an unknown quantity at this point

I applied for my citizenship online back in February. Once you go through all the steps they email you a timeslot.

Took about an hour and a half. Involved a lot of sitting around on mute waiting while they registered everyone, checked IDs and stuff. Then the guy in charge did a little speech, there was the oath in both languages and then the national anthem (hald english half french) which was a bit tough on a video call with 40+ others but whatever.
thanks for the insight! 16 Dec here we come!!
Old Nov 26th 2021, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Curlew is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

So, I took my citizenship test this morning - and, as far as tests go, it was ridiculously easy (20/20) - but on my first attempt on a MacBook, the test link could not locate the camera (camera works, as I confirmed afterwards, it just didn't like the IRCC website connection). I started panicking and went to plan B to use my rubbish old PC laptop, which has 0 battery and a loose AC connection. However, it worked, I managed to take the photos complete the test, and I used the same link as previously emailed. However, after taking the test, I remembered that the link I originally got sent was still open on the MacBook (on the "take photo" page). I'm now slightly paranoid that the powers that be take that to mean I had more than one computer on the go at the same time, which isn't the case, but after waiting so long to get to this stage (I applied in June 2020), I'm a little worried! Stupid online tests. Can anybody soothe my worries?

Cheers
Old Nov 27th 2021, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

springbeeagain is an unknown quantity at this point

I see a few people have received their oath certificates despite applying in 2021. I applied in June/July 2020, AOR October, but am still waiting for the oath ceremony. I'm really worried about my parents and want to go home to see them but they insist that I should wait for the Canadian oath. However, I recently learned that CIC are not processing by timelines. I finished my test in September but I'm really nervous about when the ceremony will be scheduled. I've heard some really upsetting stories about this. Can anyone advise about why CIC is completely not looking at the timelines, and if there's anything we can do to help? I'm a little emotional at the moment and CIC is not taking calls / emails because of their work loads. It feels really upsetting to me.
Old Nov 27th 2021, 7:00 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Curlew
Hi all,

So, I took my citizenship test this morning - and, as far as tests go, it was ridiculously easy (20/20) - but on my first attempt on a MacBook, the test link could not locate the camera (camera works, as I confirmed afterwards, it just didn't like the IRCC website connection). I started panicking and went to plan B to use my rubbish old PC laptop, which has 0 battery and a loose AC connection. However, it worked, I managed to take the photos complete the test, and I used the same link as previously emailed. However, after taking the test, I remembered that the link I originally got sent was still open on the MacBook (on the "take photo" page). I'm now slightly paranoid that the powers that be take that to mean I had more than one computer on the go at the same time, which isn't the case, but after waiting so long to get to this stage (I applied in June 2020), I'm a little worried! Stupid online tests. Can anybody soothe my worries?

Cheers
No idea on this one, you'll have to wait and see if the test is marked as complete in your tracker, it normally takes a few days. I think so long as it was you in the photos you should be ok. If there's any doubt, they should let you take it again.

Originally Posted by springbeeagain
I see a few people have received their oath certificates despite applying in 2021. I applied in June/July 2020, AOR October, but am still waiting for the oath ceremony. I'm really worried about my parents and want to go home to see them but they insist that I should wait for the Canadian oath. However, I recently learned that CIC are not processing by timelines. I finished my test in September but I'm really nervous about when the ceremony will be scheduled. I've heard some really upsetting stories about this. Can anyone advise about why CIC is completely not looking at the timelines, and if there's anything we can do to help? I'm a little emotional at the moment and CIC is not taking calls / emails because of their work loads. It feels really upsetting to me.
IRCC has never worked on a FIFO basis. Every file is different there's a ton of variations depending on which officer is assigned your file and which office is processing it too (some offices appear to be more efficient than others). It's not a great experience but it is what it is, unfortunately (FWIW I applied in August 2019 and only completed oath in October 2021 so I understand the upset). Is everything except Oath marked as complete in the tracker for you? If so, then it seems to be about 2-3 months from that date until your oath ceremony.
Old Nov 27th 2021, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

springbeeagain is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bc2015
It's not a great experience but it is what it is, unfortunately (FWIW I applied in August 2019 and only completed oath in October 2021 so I understand the upset). Is everything except Oath marked as complete in the tracker for you? If so, then it seems to be about 2-3 months from that date until your oath ceremony.
Thanks for your kind and empathetic response, bc2015.
Yes, everything except oath is marked. I sent an inquiry but they are only responding to urgent cases apparently.
Thanks again. Congratulations on your oath ceremony!
Old Nov 29th 2021, 6:42 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

Hello all,
For those who have had the online citizenship test, how much time passed between taking the test and being notified of pass / fail, and if a pass, the date to take the oath?

Old Nov 30th 2021, 9:37 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sharkus
Hello all,
For those who have had the online citizenship test, how much time passed between taking the test and being notified of pass / fail, and if a pass, the date to take the oath?
A few days after taking it the online status thingy updated. Was about 2 months after that I was scheduled for oath.
Old Dec 1st 2021, 12:41 pm
Resident Maple Leaf Lush

sharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond reputesharkus has a reputation beyond repute

A few days after taking it the online status thingy updated. Was about 2 months after that I was scheduled for oath.
Thanks
Old Dec 4th 2021, 12:22 am
Just Joined

Curlew is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=bc2015;13076240]No idea on this one, you'll have to wait and see if the test is marked as complete in your tracker, it normally takes a few days. I think so long as it was you in the photos you should be ok. If there's any doubt, they should let you take it again.

Thanks. Just checked the status tracker, and after a week it now says test is complete. Still waiting on background check and travel history, which may take longer than most as I traveled a lot for work, especially across the US border, prior to the global you-know-what.
Old Dec 23rd 2021, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Ironbruu is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, recently did my oath . Anyone have experience of how long citizenship certificate took then getting a passport ? Will it be another 3-4 months 😦
Old Dec 24th 2021, 6:03 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by Ironbruu
Hi, recently did my oath . Anyone have experience of how long citizenship certificate took then getting a passport ? Will it be another 3-4 months 😦
1. No, about 2 weeks seem to be time. If you have imminent travel, you would request expiated processing.
Old Jan 11th 2022, 3:25 am
Forum Regular

Richb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond reputeRichb1970 has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone have any experience of timelines from sending off the application to getting any response? We are at 3 months now since I posted all the information and haven’t had a whisper back as yet
Old Jan 11th 2022, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

bramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant futurebramallblade has a brilliant future

Hi all,

I logged into my tracker and it says 'Take the citizenship test. You have been scheduled to take the citizenship test online. Read the invitation you will receive carefully.'

What invitation? I have had this notification twice but no invite and yes, I have checked my email for anything I have missed.

Any insight?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.