Citizenship Application Timeline

Old Sep 30th 2021, 9:52 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Application Timeline

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Not true...it's totally random.
You might think it is, but there is no way of knowing what is going on behind the scenes, why somebody's background check is taking much longer than somebody else's etc. There is a system and applications are processed methodically, it's just that some are much more straightforward than others.
Old Sep 30th 2021, 5:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
You might think it is, but there is no way of knowing what is going on behind the scenes, why somebody's background check is taking much longer than somebody else's etc. There is a system and applications are processed methodically, it's just that some are much more straightforward than others.
I would so love to believe there’s method in their madness. Would make me very happy. But what logic is there for example to asking for fingerprints twice in seven weeks when our tracker shows they’ve processed and are satisfied with the first set? It beggars belief and nobody is going to convince me that they’re doing things in any orderly fashion.
Old Oct 1st 2021, 4:41 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hasan78
does any one not received the email but online check on citizenship status has information and what one should do? My wife online profile says citizenship ceremony is scheduled for Nov 12 but she has not received any email to invite. We emailed too via webform but no reply as of yet and it has been 4 weeks already. I am thinking may be calling the misinformation line but not sure if they can help? any idea what to do or just wait hoping the email will finally arrive by instruction? thanks.
Usually they don't send out the invite/instructions until a couple of weeks before the ceremony. I got mine exactly 2 weeks beforehand.
Old Oct 3rd 2021, 7:04 pm
Banned

BritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Of course you're allowed your opinion, as am I. You only just met the days in Canada requirement, you postponed your exam date, etc, etc, so of course it's not taken a 'normal' amount of time as your application hasn't been straightforward. Blaming others for that seems unfair to me, but you're free to disagree with that. Blame the system or Covid if it makes you feel better - I just don't think it's fair to blame the human beings doing their best in a pandemic and with a huge backlog to clear personally.
No your wrong here. Only just made the requirements? Wtf ? Says who? <snip>. I asked for asked for new date from August 2019 and they ignored me for almost 2 years straight. They could have at least replied to my 50+ emails to them. No one monitors the 89 lettered alphanumeric email box they they have on the form and its totally a dead end. Only when I found out the CIC Scarborough's direct email and was able to speak to a human I was able to get a reaction. Unbelievable!!

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 3rd 2021 at 8:25 pm. Reason: Site Rule 1
Old Oct 3rd 2021, 8:17 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritCanadaNewbie
No your wrong here. Only just made the requirements? <snip> I asked for asked for new date from August 2019 and they ignored me for almost 2 years straight. They could have at least replied to my 50+ emails to them. No one monitors the 89 lettered alphanumeric email box they they have on the form and its totally a dead end. Only when I found out the CIC Scarborough's direct email and was able to speak to a human I was able to get a reaction. Unbelievable!!
What an objectionable rude post.

Christmasoompa is a well respected and very knowledgeable member of long standing. She is stating facts - you may disgree but you may not make derogatory personal remarks.. Read the site rules.
1. Personal Attacks
BritishExpats.com is an interactive site, and everyone who participates is “in it together”, please treat others the way you wish to be treated. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. Challenge others’ points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully … without insult or personal attack.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 3rd 2021 at 8:25 pm. Reason: Quoted post edited
Old Oct 3rd 2021, 8:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritCanadaNewbie
No your wrong here. Only just made the requirements? Wtf ? Says who?
You did. 1,123 days in Canada according to your previous posts, and a huge amount of time working in the UK. Giving you a grand total of 27 days over the requirement, so very close to the minimum and means your app is not straightforward.

And yeah, what she said. ^^^ By all means politely disagree with forum members, but there's no need to post like that.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 3rd 2021 at 8:35 pm.
Old Oct 5th 2021, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

jackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond repute

I appreciate christmasoompa giving her perspective but I don't think it helps that any time any one expresses their frustration, Siouxie goes to bat for her. (I have also been admonished) It is a frustrating process, especially when some move through at much faster speeds than others for no discernible reason. That said, I think that when christmasoompa explains the inner workings to us, it helps many (at least it helps me) so thank you all round, but I don't believe in criticizing those who are frustrated.

Last edited by jackinthetree; Oct 5th 2021 at 4:41 pm.
Old Oct 5th 2021, 4:40 pm
Forum Regular

jackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond reputejackinthetree has a reputation beyond repute

Edited to add: Nor do I think it's helpful to stifle expressions of frustration, but that's just me.
Old Oct 5th 2021, 4:55 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jackinthetree
I appreciate christmasoompa giving her perspective but I don't think it helps that any time any one expresses their frustration, Siouxie goes to bat for her. (I have also been admonished) It is a frustrating process, especially when some move through at much faster speeds than others for no discernible reason. That said, I think that when christmasoompa explains the inner workings to us, it helps many (at least it helps me) so thank you all round, but I don't believe in criticizing those who are frustrated.

Seems like a good time to remind everyone of BE’s Site Rules…

‘15. Moderator Actions
Discussions about moderator or administrator actions are welcome in email, or private messages, but should not be discussed in public forums. This is out of respect for the members, moderators and policy involved.’

Members are not always aware of what has been deleted, or what has been said in PMs. Quite often things have been going on behind the scenes that warrant deletion or a ban.

I will let your post stand but if you or others wish to discuss the matter further, please do so via PM or email with the mod/s concerned. Thank you very muchly.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 5th 2021 at 7:02 pm. Reason: Typo
Old Oct 16th 2021, 12:19 am
Forum Regular

Will_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond reputeWill_PA has a reputation beyond repute

<<<snip>>>

To those waiting for citizenship, the system is unfair in its randomness. I am with you.

To those who blindly defend everything the Canadian state does - I'm sorry you have no empathy for those applying after you got here.

I think you can be Canadian and be self aware that things move unfairly here too.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Oct 16th 2021 at 12:35 am. Reason: Off topic
Old Oct 16th 2021, 12:49 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Will_PA
<<<snip>>>

To those waiting for citizenship, the system is unfair in its randomness. I am with you.

To those who blindly defend everything the Canadian state does - I'm sorry you have no empathy for those applying after you got here.

I think you can be Canadian and be self aware that things move unfairly here too.
The system is unfair. Period! It’s not like waiting for PR. When waiting for PR you can still travel and get on with life. With waiting for citizenship you’re stuck in Canada because if you risk leaving for a trip you risk missing your oath or having to reschedule it and who knows then how long you’ll have to wait. You can’t even speak with anybody at IRCC as they just give you a generic answer that doesn’t help at all.
Old Oct 18th 2021, 4:38 pm
Forum Regular

express01 is on a distinguished road

Hi, we've just received our invitation (4th November) to take the oath, we're super excited, can you tell me how long after the oath does it take to receive your certificate.

We were just about to heading to the states to see our daughter as soon as the border opens.

I'm trying to find our how long getting your certificate and applying and receiving your new passport takes, I'm assuming I can't travel on my UK passport?

Thanks
Old Oct 18th 2021, 7:00 pm
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Just waiting for my ceremony invite now. All other components completed. Decent effort from CIC, about 8 months from applying to basically done.
Old Oct 18th 2021, 11:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by orly
Just waiting for my ceremony invite now. All other components completed. Decent effort from CIC, about 8 months from applying to basically done.
Wow. We’re at 25 months 🥺
Old Oct 18th 2021, 11:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by orly
I think you get the certificate 1/2 weeks after the oath then it depends if you apply for the passport in person or online. I think in person is about three weeks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.