Citizenship Application Timeline

Old Dec 19th 2019, 4:27 am
Forum Regular

BexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond reputeBexB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Application Timeline

1. Sent off application January 2, 2019 (me, my wife, 21 year old son, 16 year old daughter)
  2. Fingerprints check May 10 (just me)
  3. Interviews (Surrey, BC) October 17 (only son took test, daughter too young, me/wife too old)
  4. Ceremony (Surrey BC) December 9.
So 11 months from start to finish. But of course had to give up our PR cards and are flying soon, so need to do this https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/dual-canadian-citizens-visit-canada.html.

BexB

Old Jan 28th 2020, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

smoggie_canuck is an unknown quantity at this point

Update from myself on timelines from Vancouver:
  1. Gov received application for citizenship on February 7, 2019.
  2. started processing application on May 6, 2019.
  3. fingerprint request on May 16, 2019. Completed June 12th, 2019
  4. Request sent January 14, 2020 to appear for citizenship test on February 18, 2020
So it'll take over a year, all in all and unsure when ceremony will be, probably a few more months.

Wahoo
Old Jul 16th 2020, 4:44 pm
Banned

BritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone offer some advice on why my citizenship test date has been taking so long to reschedule?
My original test date was August 2019. I asked for a reschedule as I was in UK at the time.Everytime I chase CIC for the new date from the website webform I get the same old generic email response : -

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information on file and can confirm that the responsible office did not send a request for you to attend a citizenship appointment yet. In the meantime, we are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with the application
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

I've had the same response after sending 12/13 webform chaser's. How can they simply ignore me for almost a year with the same old generic email response?

What can I do or try to chase the correct citizenship rescheduling team? Did they freak out as I said I couldn't do the test as I was in UK at the time? Will they now simple ignore me however?

-BCN

Old Jul 16th 2020, 6:24 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by BritCanadaNewbie
Can anyone offer some advice on why my citizenship test date has been taking so long to reschedule?
My original test date was August 2019. I asked for a reschedule as I was in UK at the time.Everytime I chase CIC for the new date from the website webform I get the same old generic email response : -

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).
We verified the information on file and can confirm that the responsible office did not send a request for you to attend a citizenship appointment yet. In the meantime, we are pleased to inform you that everything appears to be in order with the application
Rest assured that you will be informed as soon as a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.

I've had the same response after sending 12/13 webform chaser's. How can they simply ignore me for almost a year with the same old generic email response?

What can I do or try to chase the correct citizenship rescheduling team? Did they freak out as I said I couldn't do the test as I was in UK at the time? Will they now simple ignore me however?

-BCN
1. Because CIC is not holding citizenship tests nor in person Oath ceremonies.

All citizenship events are cancelled

We’re now inviting some applicants to attend a video oath ceremony (citizenship ceremony). Please wait for us to contact you.

To keep everyone safe, the following citizenship events are cancelled until further notice:
Check the information letter or email we sent you about the events being cancelled.
  • We’ll send you a new date and time as soon as possible.
  • If you gave us your email address in your application, we’ll contact you by email.
    • To avoid missing our emails, check your junk or spam folder.
    • Look for messages from email addresses ending in “@cic.gc.ca.”
  • If you didn’t provide an email address
    • we’ll send the cancellation letter by mail or we’ll call you
    • check your mailbox or voicemail messages often to see if you got it
Old Jul 17th 2020, 4:15 pm
Banned

BritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond reputeBritCanadaNewbie has a reputation beyond repute

But they were ignoring me from November well before the lockdown . After I sent evidence on why I needed the reschedule didn't hear diddly squat wih the same generic reply mentioned above. The only thing I can think of is not being in Canada. Will they not reply unless your not in Canada?
Old Jul 18th 2020, 12:13 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritCanadaNewbie
But they were ignoring me from November well before the lockdown . After I sent evidence on why I needed the reschedule didn't hear diddly squat wih the same generic reply mentioned above. The only thing I can think of is not being in Canada. Will they not reply unless your not in Canada?
Are you back in Canada now? If not, have you got anyone checking your mail in Canada? They won't generally arrange anything unless you are here...do you still meet the residency requirements?

Have you checked MyCIC for any updates? Sending repeated webforms won't help - you will only receive a standard response.. they used to ask you only to submit the same question once.
Patience...

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-citizenship/become-canadian-citizen/after-apply-next-steps.html

You can leave Canada after we receive your application as long as you:
  • keep your permanent resident (PR) status
  • can receive any letter mail, parcels and emails we send you after you submit your application
  • can reply to our letters and emails within the specified time, usually within 30 days
  • are available in person in Canada to attend your citizenship test (if you’re between 18 and 54 years of age), interview, and ceremony

Let us know if you plan to leave Canada for more than two weeks in a row.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 18th 2020 at 12:17 am.
Old Jul 23rd 2020, 3:29 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
Are you back in Canada now? If not, have you got anyone checking your mail in Canada? They won't generally arrange anything unless you are here...do you still meet the residency requirements?
^^^^ This.

From your previous posts it looks as though you've been out of Canada a lot since 2017. Was your PRTD granted in the end? Do you have the required number of days in Canada to have kept your PR status?
Old Jul 27th 2020, 3:35 am
Forum Regular

adfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond reputeadfletch83 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all. I'm returning to trusty British Expats for citizenship advice. This forum was amazing, and really helped me back in 2015 when I was applying for spousal PR. Happy to say I've been here almost 4 years now and settled in very well.

1. Sent off Citizenship application May 2, 2020.
2. Application delivered (according to UPS May 7, 2020)
3. ...still waiting.

Does anyone have any current information on processing times? I know in total it was usually 12 months from start to end. I'm in no rush for citizenship, and I know Covid has slowed everything down. But I was hoping I'd have received an acknowledgement of receipt by now from CIC. Once I can be sure that they've received it and accepted it, then I'm happy to sit aback and wait.

Thanks all!
Old Jul 27th 2020, 4:05 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by adfletch83
Hi all. I'm returning to trusty British Expats for citizenship advice. This forum was amazing, and really helped me back in 2015 when I was applying for spousal PR. Happy to say I've been here almost 4 years now and settled in very well.

1. Sent off Citizenship application May 2, 2020.
2. Application delivered (according to UPS May 7, 2020)
3. ...still waiting.

Does anyone have any current information on processing times? I know in total it was usually 12 months from start to end. I'm in no rush for citizenship, and I know Covid has slowed everything down. But I was hoping I'd have received an acknowledgement of receipt by now from CIC. Once I can be sure that they've received it and accepted it, then I'm happy to sit aback and wait.

Thanks all!
Even pre-COVID, AOR was taking about 3 months. They completely stopped issuing AORs between March 16th and mid-July. I would say best case would be AOR around November/December.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 4:35 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

You may be able to track the status online https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en
Old Jul 27th 2020, 4:45 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siouxie
You may be able to track the status online https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do?lang=en
That won’t work until AOR has been issued.
Old Jul 27th 2020, 3:57 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by bc2015
That won’t work until AOR has been issued.
It may work if they have started processing but haven't yet issued the AOR - It's still worth looking at - https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...ck-status.html

Client application status Updated daily

or using MyCIC to check. https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...n/account.html

UCI if you are unsure where to find it.. https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/red...id_num&lang=en

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 27th 2020 at 4:04 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 2:49 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Has anyone heard of online citizenship ceremonies or anything? Mr Schnooks passed his test Feb 28th, and then the world went upside-down... he's at the last step of just needing to do the oath, but not sure if those will resume at any point soon and he hasn't heard anything, so just wondering if anyone around here has any insight. (Long shot, but thought I'd try!)
Old Jul 28th 2020, 5:08 pm
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
Has anyone heard of online citizenship ceremonies or anything? Mr Schnooks passed his test Feb 28th, and then the world went upside-down... he's at the last step of just needing to do the oath, but not sure if those will resume at any point soon and he hasn't heard anything, so just wondering if anyone around here has any insight. (Long shot, but thought I'd try!)
1, CIC is holding virtual citizenship ceremonies. Not that many, mostly for those whose ceremonies were scheduled and then cancelled.
Old Jul 28th 2020, 5:10 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
They appear to have been performing 'virtual' online ceremonies.. around 1,000 people so far.. by invite only.
https://livestream.com/accounts/2564...rue&mute=false
(the cartoon of Canada at the start is splendid - the actual Citizenship ceremonies start at 26:30)
We’re now inviting some applicants to attend a video oath ceremony (citizenship ceremony). Please wait for us to contact you.

Last edited by Siouxie; Jul 28th 2020 at 5:20 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.