Citizenship Application Timeline

Old Jan 7th 2017, 12:03 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Application Timeline

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Did you use a private training provider? I notice several come up on a google search, one for $29.

CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP TEST 2017 - Online Practice Tests

I am curious.

S
No - we just used a load of the free online ones. There are quite a few
Old Jan 7th 2017, 12:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes I noticed.

I'll probably do a combination of reading the book and trying a few practice tests.

S
Old Jan 7th 2017, 12:14 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
I never actually read the book. I did loads and loads of online tests. Believe me, if both me and the wife can get 100% - any idiot can......
From another thread earlier

I did four 20 question samples earlier today. I got 80%, then 70%, 80% and 70% again

There were a few questions that appeared in two sample tests and remembering the right answer likely upped my score. But for that I may have scored below 70%.

There were two questions today that had four names of Prime Ministers to pick an answer from. One name I knew in one selection but I had no clue if it was the right answer and I hadn't heard of any of the four in the other selection.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 1:25 am
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK
From another thread earlier

I did four 20 question samples earlier today. I got 80%, then 70%, 80% and 70% again

There were a few questions that appeared in two sample tests and remembering the right answer likely upped my score. But for that I may have scored below 70%.

There were two questions today that had four names of Prime Ministers to pick an answer from. One name I knew in one selection but I had no clue if it was the right answer and I hadn't heard of any of the four in the other selection.
The test is nothing more than a memory game. Just learn the answers and retain them for the 4 or 5 minutes the test takes, then forget them all again.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 3:18 am
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

The test is nothing more than a memory game. Just learn the answers and retain them for the 4 or 5 minutes the test takes, then forget them all again.
Oddly enough my husband knows "all" the answers....even though he assures me Louis Reail is a terrorist! Different perspective I suppose! My son assures me that our first Prime Minister was a 'famous drunk'...I'm enjoying the moment...I think....but I won't if I fail
Old Jan 7th 2017, 1:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond reputeMad Jockette has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't been on here for quite a while, congratulations to all who became citizens of Canada and best of luck to those in the process
Old Jan 7th 2017, 3:19 pm
BE user by choice

MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

Snowy, I haven't paid. There is a lot of free information out there. I generally do a test when I wake up, and then do one later in the day, so about 10 minutes a day in total. I started two weeks ago and I'm mostly getting 100% now. There are a number of free apps for your phone too. You can download the pdf of the Discover Canada Book for free also.

Very best of luck Snowy and thank you all for your support
Old Jan 7th 2017, 4:22 pm
"In cruce vincam"

Originally Posted by MillieF
Snowy, I haven't paid. There is a lot of free information out there. I generally do a test when I wake up, and then do one later in the day, so about 10 minutes a day in total. I started two weeks ago and I'm mostly getting 100% now. There are a number of free apps for your phone too. You can download the pdf of the Discover Canada Book for free also.

Very best of luck Snowy and thank you all for your support
Honestly Millie
Once you're eligible for citizenship, you're 99.9% there. The system isn't trying to trip you up or catch you out. I see the test part of the process as simply a demonstration of commitment. It's not to weed people out. When we took the test I remember listening to the huge range of languages being spoken in the room - few of which were English. If people with English as a second language can get through it you have nothing to worry about. The challenge for us was which of us would get the highest Mark! We both ended up with 100%!!!
Old Jan 7th 2017, 5:21 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

...The challenge for us was which of us would get the highest Mark! We both ended up with 100%!!!
What was the tie-breaker? This is North America where drawn contests are not understood.
Old Jan 7th 2017, 7:50 pm
"In cruce vincam"

Originally Posted by BristolUK
What was the tie-breaker? This is North America where drawn contests are not understood.
My wife handed in her answers before me so as a photo finish, I guess she won. Not that we're competitive!
Old Jan 11th 2017, 6:27 pm
BE user by choice

I did it! I passed It was way easier than I thought actually. Some of the questions were completely different to Discover Canada or any of the question banks...but easy. There were only two questions that I hadn't got the foggiest of and I guessed them both and got 95%, so got one wrong overall. I was ready with every character in Canadian history with details and dates, but none of that was asked.

I can't tell you what a relief this is. A nice Francophone woman from Shediac did the interview.
Old Jan 11th 2017, 7:53 pm
"In cruce vincam"

Originally Posted by MillieF
I did it! I passed It was way easier than I thought actually. Some of the questions were completely different to Discover Canada or any of the question banks...but easy. There were only two questions that I hadn't got the foggiest of and I guessed them both and got 95%, so got one wrong overall. I was ready with every character in Canadian history with details and dates, but none of that was asked.

I can't tell you what a relief this is. A nice Francophone woman from Shediac did the interview.
Hey Congratulations!
Got one wrong though huh? Hope they don't send you to secondary.....
Old Jan 11th 2017, 8:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

My test is on 26 January. I used to laugh when I read of others being nervous. I'm not laughing now!!

S

PS well done Millie
Old Jan 13th 2017, 7:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

What I am finding it difficult to keep in my brain is all the historical facts like names of key people in history, battles etc. It seems to go in one ear and out the other. Even the more recent names from culture/arts/sports I find tricky.

Stuff about the provinces, government, elections, constitution, courts etc. I either already know or those facts seem to stay in my brain.

Does/did anyone else have this kind of thing? Maybe it's according to what you find interesting/boring.
I have done lots of online tests and wonder if the test is as hard as I find some of those to be.

S
Old Jan 18th 2017, 1:30 am
Just Joined

holmes1981 is an unknown quantity at this point

I check this site often for timelines that others have posted, so thought I would share ours.

28-Nov-2016 - sent in hubby's application
05-Dec-2016 - application received by CIC
03-Jan-2017 - notification that application was received by CIC on 07-Dec-2016 and received the 'Discover Canada' study materials link
05-Jan-2017 - online application status shows as In Process

Not sure how long until we receive an exam date, but hopeful it won't take too long now that the application is underway. Very straight forward application, meet all requirements, no criminal offences, etc.

Looking forward to us both sharing passports from the same country so we can go through the same lines when we travel together. lol

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.