Citizenship Application Timeline

Old Sep 22nd 2019, 1:19 am
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Application Timeline

Originally Posted by markstimson
Also still waiting with similar timeline! I applied from TO last August. Good to know we're not alone. 4 things about this:

1. I called the CIC helpline already and they said the Mississauga office where GTA applications are processed is the busiest in the country, thus has the longest wait. I consider this really unfair. Geography should have no bearing. The helpline confirmed I have passed all checks and am just waiting to be allocated a test date.
2. I had fingerprints requested in December, and I had them taken and sent the very next day. CIC have acknowledged receipt. I accept this may add a delay in processing but surely not this long.
3. My friend who applied in Toronto in November has already had his test! Annoying to me but good for him.
4. I have now enlisted my local MP to dig into this for me. His office asked me to fill in some forms for permission to check my account and they're looking into it. They also verified that their initial digging confirmed I've passed all background checks, so they submitted a more detailed request for more info on the holdup. It takes 10-15 business days for these detailed enquiries to receive a response apparently. I am scheduled to call them back week of Sept 23rd to learn what they discovered.

All in all, frustrating. But as with anything else to do with immigration in Canada, and unlike the rest of the commonwealth, processing times are absurd and painful. The waiting continues!
Thanks for your reply. good luck with your enquiries.
I spoken to CIC call centre too but they said nothing on my file. All seems to be ok.
I am trying to contact my local MP too but as election is looming I am having no hope in getting an answer from my MP.
so back to waiting game....
Old Sep 23rd 2019, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

MP's have assistants who deal with these matters so don't worry about the election getting in the way. Mine (Adam Vaughan) has a dedicated immigration parliamentary assistant. You can email your MP's email address and you'll probably get a reply from an assistant.

Good luck to you too! I will keep you posted if I hear anything.
Old Sep 24th 2019, 6:55 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Mr Schnooks got his fingerprint request today. He applied back in April and had acknowledgement in August, then fingerprints today. He was alarmed at the wording of the letter, though, basically makes it sound like they think he's a criminal... anyways, he'll do the prints this week. And then more waiting.
Old Sep 26th 2019, 12:37 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

We applied today!! I’ve decided I’m going to forget about it. That way it will be a nice surprise when they eventually contact us.
Ah well should be done this time next year I guess. Ish...
Old Sep 26th 2019, 5:32 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DandNHill
We applied today!! I’ve decided I’m going to forget about it. That way it will be a nice surprise when they eventually contact us.
Ah well should be done this time next year I guess. Ish...
That's broadly the approach we've taken, haha. Just assume they are wildly inefficient and then be pleasantly surprised when you hear something.
Old Sep 26th 2019, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
That's broadly the approach we've taken, haha. Just assume they are wildly inefficient and then be pleasantly surprised when you hear something.
There you go. We're planning a trip to France in August next year. All being well we will be able to navigate the citizenship situation around this trip lol.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

wow!
finally after MP contacted CIC I just received the email about citizenship test date in 2 weeks. on Oct 24.

now time to prepare for the test....so I am wondering what others used for preparation?

thanks in advance.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 3:14 am
Forum Regular

yakkiebush is an unknown quantity at this point

HI Folks
do all applicants now have to give fingerprints.
never heard of that before .
or is it a new thing lately?
thinking of becoming a citizen after 32 yrs here lol
Old Oct 9th 2019, 4:06 am
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hasan78
now time to prepare for the test....so I am wondering what others used for preparation?
I used the official booklet you get online to prepare plus I did some mock test questions online. I used the Richmond library citizenship tests

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...er-canada.html

for some reason the link to Richmond library isn’t working for me so just google Richmond Library Citizenship Test

Originally Posted by yakkiebush
HI Folks
do all applicants now have to give fingerprints.
never heard of that before .
or is it a new thing lately?
thinking of becoming a citizen after 32 yrs here lol
you only need to give fingerprints if you are asked by IRCC to get them done. I wasn’t but I know others on here were.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 12:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hasan78
wow!
finally after MP contacted CIC I just received the email about citizenship test date in 2 weeks. on Oct 24.

thanks in advance.
Check out this thread: Citizenship Test

If you look a few posts down for my one, I mentioned a number of different ones I used and what I found most similar, useful, etc.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 8:26 pm
Forum Regular

thanks folks..I shall check those links.
Old Oct 11th 2019, 7:35 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Congrats!! Good luck with the test.

My updates are...nothing. I still have heard absolutely nothing. The MP's assistants who launched the enquiry has left so they had to start another one with her replacement. Ugh!
Old Oct 16th 2019, 5:52 pm
Forum Regular

Welsh Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knows how much longer on average I will be wating?
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 8, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 26, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on August 9, 2019.
Old Oct 16th 2019, 6:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welsh Sparky
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone knows how much longer on average I will be wating?
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on April 8, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on June 26, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on August 9, 2019.
It depends on the office, there's a spreadsheet maintained by a different forum that gives indicative timelines for people who applied same time as you.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2093304809
Old Oct 16th 2019, 6:35 pm
Forum Regular

Welsh Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by bc2015
It depends on the office, there's a spreadsheet maintained by a different forum that gives indicative timelines for people who applied same time as you.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=2093304809
thanks, how do you find out which office?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.