Citizenship Application Timeline

Old Jul 25th 2019, 6:43 pm
Forum Regular

tweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Application Timeline

Update:

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on March 18, 2019.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 24, 2019.
  3. We started processing your application on July 24, 2019.

Anybody know the approximate time to Decision Made from here at the Vancouver office?
Old Jul 25th 2019, 7:42 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tweed_wearer

Anybody know the approximate time to Decision Made from here at the Vancouver office?
See my signature below - also Vancouver office - not included (as I ran out of characters in signature) but test date letter was just over a month before test date
Old Jul 28th 2019, 7:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

Do they only want to know about overnight trips? That I can easily figure out, but the day 20-30 minute hops across the border to pick up a parcel, I don't track any of those.

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
​​Had my test and interview today - 18/20!

interview was really easy going, she asked me about my time in the USA - weekend trips to partners cabin. She asked how I kept track of everything and I showed her a copy of my tracking sheet. She seemed happy with this.

she said she just needed to review my file one more time but should receive my ceremony date within 2-3 months.

Im not sure how long it will be until I get a date through though.
Old Jul 28th 2019, 8:25 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
Do they only want to know about overnight trips? That I can easily figure out, but the day 20-30 minute hops across the border to pick up a parcel, I don't track any of those.
No they want day trips as well. You can request CBP record via a freedom of information request online. That is what I did to double check dates.

I also asked for my i94 record but that is not relevant to you as you are an American citizen.
Old Jul 28th 2019, 8:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat091 has a reputation beyond repute

I am looking into that for the US side, I don't think I can provide accurate history of time spent outside of Canada with the day trips. I can for the trips that involved flying and hotels, but not the 10-20 minute trips to pick up parcels even the CBSA records are missing a fair amount, seems they often just scan the drivers passport and not the passenger, there are trips we crossed by car, on the records for my wife the crossing is listed but for me its not even though we both crossed in the same car...

Now I remember why I never applied...lol

No they want day trips as well. You can request CBP record via a freedom of information request online. That is what I did to double check dates.

I also asked for my i94 record but that is not relevant to you as you are an American citizen.

Last edited by scrubbedexpat091; Jul 28th 2019 at 8:33 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2019, 8:34 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Jsmth321
I am looking into that, I don't think I can provide accurate history of time spent outside of Canada, I just can't remember them all, probably best not to apply.
You can also request CBSA history as well, I wouldn’t give up just yet. Granted it may take some time to go through it but you can start a spreadsheet now with what you know.

EDIT: I see you updated your post before I posted my reply.

in regards to missing entries, I had that issue with CBSA although it was only one. Maybe you could use your wife’s record for those times that were missed because as you said - you knew you went across with her.

Last edited by beckiwoo; Jul 28th 2019 at 8:36 pm.
Old Jul 28th 2019, 8:43 pm
Account Closed

I am working on it. I have CBSA records already, just need to get the US records and see if I can piece it all together.

You can also request CBSA history as well, I wouldn’t give up just yet. Granted it may take some time to go through it but you can start a spreadsheet now with what you know.
Old Aug 7th 2019, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

Tabindi is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, we sent our citizenship application on May 12th, received it back two weeks ago as we had very stupidly failed to tick a box on my son’s application. The forms for the other three family members were also returned with a cover page saying they were complete but should be returned with the corrected incomplete one. Duly done and posted straight away. We were a little concerned as the cover page also stated that the fees had been returned and would need to be paid again. However our bank account shows all fees have gone out, nothing refunded so we returned the application with a note to this effect. My issue however is logging in to check the status of the application. I’ve tried logging in using both the original UCI’s for myself and husband as well as the application number we were given at PR stage. I’ve tried putting both U.K and England as our place of birth but no matter what I enter it says my application can’t be found. Has anyone else had any issues logging in to the CIC website? What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 8th 2019, 4:39 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tabindi
Hi all, we sent our citizenship application on May 12th, received it back two weeks ago as we had very stupidly failed to tick a box on my son’s application. The forms for the other three family members were also returned with a cover page saying they were complete but should be returned with the corrected incomplete one. Duly done and posted straight away. We were a little concerned as the cover page also stated that the fees had been returned and would need to be paid again. However our bank account shows all fees have gone out, nothing refunded so we returned the application with a note to this effect. My issue however is logging in to check the status of the application. I’ve tried logging in using both the original UCI’s for myself and husband as well as the application number we were given at PR stage. I’ve tried putting both U.K and England as our place of birth but no matter what I enter it says my application can’t be found. Has anyone else had any issues logging in to the CIC website? What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance!
Try following the guide in our Spousal sponsorship section of the wiki for MyCIC - it's the same tool, same issues for many! Don't forget though that it's unlikely to show anything until such time as they start processing it... you could also try eCAS to check - https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do

https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...ll_about_MyCIC

Last edited by Siouxie; Aug 8th 2019 at 4:45 am.
Old Aug 8th 2019, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Ally and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,

Did the test yesterday in Vancouver, scored 19/20! Annoyingly had to wait like 2 hours for the interview, we were literally the last people there to be called up for an interview of which lasted all of 2 minutes,

Applied in November, original test date was in July but had to reschedule to this month due to vacation.
Old Aug 16th 2019, 11:53 pm
Bex in the city

Officially became Canadian today

My canniversary is coming up soon so I will talk more then, in the meantime thank you to everyone on here that has helped me on this journey from IEC to PR to now!!!

Old Aug 17th 2019, 4:57 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Officially became Canadian today

My canniversary is coming up soon so I will talk more then, in the meantime thank you to everyone on here that has helped me on this journey from IEC to PR to now!!!

Congrats Bex!

Old Aug 18th 2019, 2:46 am
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Siouxie

Congrats Bex!
Thank you Siouxie - you have been a great source of knowledge throughout this time and your karma comments have made me laugh! I tried to give you more but apparently I need to ‘spread the karma around’ lol
Old Sep 10th 2019, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

hi

So I applied on Aug 12 2018 for my citizenship in GTA, ON. It says processing currently online. otherwise no News. Processing time suppose to be 12 months.

I am wondering if any one else applied same time as me and heard about their citizenship test?

thanks.
Old Sep 12th 2019, 8:13 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Hasan78
hi

So I applied on Aug 12 2018 for my citizenship in GTA, ON. It says processing currently online. otherwise no News. Processing time suppose to be 12 months.

I am wondering if any one else applied same time as me and heard about their citizenship test?

thanks.
Also still waiting with similar timeline! I applied from TO last August. Good to know we're not alone. 4 things about this:

1. I called the CIC helpline already and they said the Mississauga office where GTA applications are processed is the busiest in the country, thus has the longest wait. I consider this really unfair. Geography should have no bearing. The helpline confirmed I have passed all checks and am just waiting to be allocated a test date.
2. I had fingerprints requested in December, and I had them taken and sent the very next day. CIC have acknowledged receipt. I accept this may add a delay in processing but surely not this long.
3. My friend who applied in Toronto in November has already had his test! Annoying to me but good for him.
4. I have now enlisted my local MP to dig into this for me. His office asked me to fill in some forms for permission to check my account and they're looking into it. They also verified that their initial digging confirmed I've passed all background checks, so they submitted a more detailed request for more info on the holdup. It takes 10-15 business days for these detailed enquiries to receive a response apparently. I am scheduled to call them back week of Sept 23rd to learn what they discovered.

All in all, frustrating. But as with anything else to do with immigration in Canada, and unlike the rest of the commonwealth, processing times are absurd and painful. The waiting continues!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.