Citizenship Application Timeline

Old Jul 8th 2019, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

jk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Application Timeline

Originally Posted by beckiwoo

Edmonton must have fewer applications then. I applied before you and I’ve got my test in under 2 weeks.
Good luck with the test! During the interview they checked all my passport stamps matched up with my travel record, and for some trips there were no stamps (or they were not readable). Luckily I had read somewhere on the forum of this happening and brought receipts for the flight bookings for these missing ones and that seemed to make the interviewer very happy.
Old Jul 8th 2019, 6:45 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jk94441
Good luck with the test! During the interview they checked all my passport stamps matched up with my travel record, and for some trips there were no stamps (or they were not readable). Luckily I had read somewhere on the forum of this happening and brought receipts for the flight bookings for these missing ones and that seemed to make the interviewer very happy.
Thanks. Yeah I heard that too. I have all of that and my exits and entries from CBP and CBSA although CBP did not stamp my passport one time - it is on my i94 and CBP exits and entries. I am also missing an entry back into Canada on CBSA record but have proof via payslip and debit card statement that I was in the country the next day.

Im dreading having to jump through more hoops if this isn’t good enough for them
Old Jul 9th 2019, 6:03 pm
Forum Regular

jk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond reputejk94441 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo

Thanks. Yeah I heard that too. I have all of that and my exits and entries from CBP and CBSA although CBP did not stamp my passport one time - it is on my i94 and CBP exits and entries. I am also missing an entry back into Canada on CBSA record but have proof via payslip and debit card statement that I was in the country the next day.

Im dreading having to jump through more hoops if this isn’t good enough for them
Sounds like you have it covered! Just the flight booking receipts were needed for me.
Old Jul 10th 2019, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Ally and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, long time no post!

We finally got around to it and applied for citizenship back in November, couple of weeks ago we got our test dates through for later this month... problem is we are away on vacation. I requested new dates straight away but have so far heard nothing. Does anyone have any idea how long they are typically taking to rearrange? Its Vancouver if that helps!

Thanks
Old Jul 10th 2019, 7:50 pm
Forum Regular

Ally and Chris is an unknown quantity at this point

and like magic got the email with the rescheduled date for early next month just now!

Last edited by Ally and Chris; Jul 10th 2019 at 8:14 pm. Reason: grammer.
Old Jul 12th 2019, 5:03 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tweed_wearer
Congratulations!

I am App received Mar 18 and still have not switched to "in process". I think Vancouver must be very busy.
My friend in Vancouver does the swearing in... not sure what her title is but it a judge kind of thing... maybe you'll get her
Old Jul 12th 2019, 11:56 pm
Forum Regular

roflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really nice

Did the citizenship test this morning in Vancouver, getting 19/20. I was on the One Pass program, so the ceremony was scheduled for this afternoon at 1:30pm.

Nearly 7 years after moving to Canada, I'm now a citizen!
Old Jul 15th 2019, 2:51 am
Just Joined

London_Based is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by roflwell
Did the citizenship test this morning in Vancouver, getting 19/20. I was on the One Pass program, so the ceremony was scheduled for this afternoon at 1:30pm.

Nearly 7 years after moving to Canada, I'm now a citizen!
Hi there, may I ask what the One Pass program is? Thanks
Old Jul 15th 2019, 3:08 am
Forum Regular

roflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really nice

Originally Posted by London_Based
Hi there, may I ask what the One Pass program is? Thanks
It's where you take the test in the morning and then attend the ceremony in the afternoon. I believe it's aimed at people who live outside of major areas to save them travelling twice.
Old Jul 15th 2019, 3:18 am
Just Joined

London_Based is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by roflwell
It's where you take the test in the morning and then attend the ceremony in the afternoon. I believe it's aimed at people who live outside of major areas to save them travelling twice.
Many thanks. I'm sure it won't apply to Vancouver then.
Old Jul 15th 2019, 5:22 am
BE Enthusiast

bc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond reputebc2015 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jk94441
Will be interesting to see how I get on - I have over 50 entries to the US in the qualifying period, mixture of business and pleasure. Oftentimes my passport wasn't stamped as I was re-entering on an I-94 that was still valid. I don't have some of the flight receipts as I no longer work for that company and don't have access to email anymore. Right now I have an L1 with a stamp that is good until 2022 so CBP haven't stamped my passport the last 3 times I entered.
Old Jul 15th 2019, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by London_Based
Many thanks. I'm sure it won't apply to Vancouver then.
Probably not, although I'm not sure it makes things that much quicker. I'm in Victoria and was originally given a test date - in Victoria - for the end of May, but with the option to do the One Pass session on July 12th. I'm moving next month so having a guaranteed (assuming I passed the test) date meant it was worth it for me to wait another month and a half, rather than potentially get a date for the oath/ceremony in Victoria after moving to Alberta.
Old Jul 16th 2019, 3:33 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

My husband finally got his acknowledgement of receipt; he submitted mid-April. So the standard ~3 months.

Now we wait.
Old Jul 16th 2019, 8:56 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

​​Had my test and interview today - 18/20!

interview was really easy going, she asked me about my time in the USA - weekend trips to partners cabin. She asked how I kept track of everything and I showed her a copy of my tracking sheet. She seemed happy with this.

she said she just needed to review my file one more time but should receive my ceremony date within 2-3 months.

Im not sure how long it will be until I get a date through though.
Old Jul 16th 2019, 9:49 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by bc2015
Will be interesting to see how I get on - I have over 50 entries to the US in the qualifying period, mixture of business and pleasure. Oftentimes my passport wasn't stamped as I was re-entering on an I-94 that was still valid. I don't have some of the flight receipts as I no longer work for that company and don't have access to email anymore. Right now I have an L1 with a stamp that is good until 2022 so CBP haven't stamped my passport the last 3 times I entered.
I went with my CBSA exits and entries, CBP exits and entries, i94 record, photocopies of my i94s before I handed them back to immigration, flight itineraries and boarding passes of flights I took outside of Canada.

i wasn’t asked for any of this despite CBSA not recording one of my entries back into Canada from the USA and CBP not stamping my passport on entry but stamping the i94.

go with whatever evidence you have and give them it IF they ask for it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.