Citizenship Application Timeline

Old Jan 18th 2019, 5:31 pm
Forum Regular

mush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond reputemush77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Application Timeline

Originally Posted by AlliF

No problem.
It was just Notice to appear, PR card, passports, drivers licence or equivalent ID, I took my original certificate of my language test but she said she could see I spoke English perfectly well and didn’t need to see it lol
I was extremely nervous too - it’s stressful when you’ve expended all that effort on something and it comes down to this. I can tell you you’ll be fine (as everyone did to me) but if you’re a worrier like me it will make no difference lol.
Good luck!
Yes I’m a worrier lol! Thank you so much though....even though it’s not for a couple of weeks I’m going to get all of my papers together at the weekend just to make sure I’m over prepared, as I usually do for things like this! Lol
Thanks again
Old Jan 19th 2019, 7:06 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Eddmac
Pretty much - yeah, doing the practice tests and all that fun stuff - my wife is stressing about the test, I don't think she will have a problem lol.
I tried some of them the other night - I was getting anything between 60%- 90%. It doesn't look that bad. Def practise, practise, practise

I got myself pretty stressed about it too - no idea why the booklet is so detailed when on the day the test was so easy. I had all the dates of events in Canada’s history memorized and almost felt cheated when I didn’t need any of it.
Better that way than the other way round though I guess. I feel like it might be the final test of how badly do you really want this lol
Omg the booklet - so much information. I think of it like the driving theory test and the highway code. You are supposed to read the highway code but when it gets to the test - it isn't that bad - just memorizing facts and figures
Old Jan 21st 2019, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

We are now all Canadian citizens
Just short of 13 months beginning to end for processing.
Good luck to everyone still waiting!
Old Jan 25th 2019, 9:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Jan 25th 2019, 9:17 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Attached Thumbnails Citizenship Application Timeline-welcome-home-canada-cake.jpg  
Old Jan 27th 2019, 3:37 am
Outsyder Adventurer

misskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud ofmisskatpaw has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by misskatpaw
-We sent Citizenship applications in Sept 20th 2017 (for two of us)
-Delivered to CIC Sept 26th 2017
-Returned to us for a minor error on Nov 10th 2017
-Re-sent to CIC Nov 17th after correcting error and filling in the newer forms requiring some different information!
-Delivered to CIC Nov 25th
-E-mail received Jan 18th 2018 with application # and UCI #
-Checked Client Application Status online Feb 17th 2018 and nothing showing yet.
An update from my post this time last year! Got our date for the exam which was mid-August...right in the middle of a trip we were going on to Nova Scotia. Darn! I emailed them immediately and explained we were away representing BC at a National archery competition, hoping to win a place on the Canadian National Team. Had a real human email me back, very understanding and heaping lots of luck on us for the competition, which was kinda nice. They said we would likely hear something about a new date, at the end of 2018. Turns out it was a little later than that - Jan 17th, with a date of Feb 11th. Date is coming around quick, just starting to study...
Old Jan 27th 2019, 4:14 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Application now in process!!!!
Old Jan 27th 2019, 11:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo
Application now in process!!!!
Great news! Now you can relax a bit as they do their thing
Old Jan 29th 2019, 5:29 pm
Procrastinating

Hobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud of

Well it's been a while since I've posted in here, but here's out citizenship timeline:
1. July 27th - Submit applications
2. Oct 16th - notice of receipt of applications
3. Late Nov - I had to submit fingerprints
4. Jan 2 - notice of test date
5. Jan 29 8.02am - start test. 8.04am finish test. 8.10am my wife and I have our documents reviewed and citizenship is confirmed. We both scored 20/20 whoop!
6. Wait now for ceremony date
Old Jan 31st 2019, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

So, does everyone have to submit fingerprints?
Should I be worried if they haven't asked me to do it yet - I have been "In process" for almost 2 months now.
Old Jan 31st 2019, 8:11 pm
Procrastinating

Hobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud ofHobbess has much to be proud of

So, does everyone have to submit fingerprints?
Should I be worried if they haven't asked me to do it yet - I have been "In process" for almost 2 months now.
I had to submit, my wife didn't. I've a "common" name, my wife's name is one-of-a-kind! Google yourself, if there's lots of you then likely you'll need do fingerprints. That's my take anyway.
Old Jan 31st 2019, 9:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hobbess
I had to submit, my wife didn't. I've a "common" name, my wife's name is one-of-a-kind! Google yourself, if there's lots of you then likely you'll need do fingerprints. That's my take anyway.
Seems to make sense - I googled myself and found about 10 - none in Canada and most of the ones I found were obits, lol

Hopefully that means I won't have to do it!
Old Feb 1st 2019, 2:43 am
Bex in the city

Seems to make sense - I googled myself and found about 10 - none in Canada and most of the ones I found were obits, lol

Hopefully that means I won't have to do it!
All you do is go to an RCMP office and fill in a form, pay $60 and they send you the fingerprints that you can then send to IRCC.

If I get asked to do it, Ill have to go to VPD because there are no RCMP offices/stations in Vancouver

An inconvenience - yes, will it add extra time to the application - probably but its not an abnormal request.

I am seeing that more and more people are being asked for their fingerprints - especially with the biometrics for PR, permits and visas coming in

Old Feb 1st 2019, 2:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

You can go to the Commissionaires in Vancouver: that's the quickest:

https://commissionaires.bc.ca/fingerprinting/
Old Feb 1st 2019, 5:53 am
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Snowy560
You can go to the Commissionaires in Vancouver: that's the quickest:

https://commissionaires.bc.ca/fingerprinting/
Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind if it’s requested. What with the potential request for fingerprints and getting the passport stamps translated - starting to become costly again!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.