Citizenship Application Timeline

Old Oct 31st 2019, 3:02 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Citizenship Application Timeline

Had my test today. Was very easy. The practice questions really helped. 19 out of 20. I had a lot of travel history but the officer to her credit decided it would take too long to check every single stamp and I didn't have all the travel tickets anymore. So she asked me to attest that the travel history is true and accurate and she granted my citizenship without going through it in detail. Saved a lot of time!

I was offered a ceremony tomorrow which is cool so my journey in dealing with IRCC ends tomorrow
Old Nov 1st 2019, 3:49 am
BE Forum Addict

DandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond reputeDandNHill has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markstimson
Had my test today. Was very easy. The practice questions really helped. 19 out of 20. I had a lot of travel history but the officer to her credit decided it would take too long to check every single stamp and I didn't have all the travel tickets anymore. So she asked me to attest that the travel history is true and accurate and she granted my citizenship without going through it in detail. Saved a lot of time!

I was offered a ceremony tomorrow which is cool so my journey in dealing with IRCC ends tomorrow
Congrats!! Hoping by this time next year we can say the same thing. We’re only five weeks in so far.
Old Nov 4th 2019, 3:01 pm
Forum Regular

Welsh Sparky is an unknown quantity at this point

I received my test date this morning for December 2nd, 2019
Old Nov 4th 2019, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by markstimson

congratulation! I am still waiting to have my fingerprint result then wait for ceremony...so it ll e a couple of month I guess!
Old Nov 4th 2019, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welsh Sparky
I received my test date this morning for December 2nd, 2019
congratulation! good luck
Old Nov 4th 2019, 3:22 pm
Forum Regular

I didn't have to provide finger prints
Old Nov 6th 2019, 10:19 pm
Forum Regular

tweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond repute

Passed the test yesterday - scored 100%. Very straightforward.

I now need translation of some passport stamps, even though those trips pre-date my eligibility period by many years!

Just FYI. Get a certified translation of all passport stamps notin English or French. I thought it would not matter as that passport expired long before my first entry as a temporary resident. They can be sticklers for this so wish I'd thought to get the translations done while sitting waiting!
Old Nov 19th 2019, 10:35 pm
Forum Regular

tweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond repute

Update: I dropped my translations into the office (I recommend Mosaic BC for anyone looking for a translator in BC - 6 stamps in 2 languages on a rush basis was $100 - maybe that is a bit expensive but the service was good). I was sure to mark the document with my file number and the officer's initials.
Decision made: Today.
Old Nov 26th 2019, 2:43 am
Forum Regular

which website did you use for practice exams?
Old Nov 26th 2019, 6:04 am
Forum Regular

which website did you use for practice exams?
Canadian Citizenship Practice Test - Richmond Public Library Richmond Public Library
Old Nov 28th 2019, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by tweed_wearer
this website good for Alberta too?
Old Nov 28th 2019, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

i don’t think so. I only saw one BC- specific question in the question bank “who is mayor of Richmond” or something like that. I’m not convinced that these “local” questions come up in the real test as they say that the “life in Canada” book has all the content you require.

Last edited by tweed_wearer; Nov 28th 2019 at 12:58 am. Reason: typo
Old Nov 28th 2019, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

That library site should be good for all provinces. Just choose your province from drop down list....I choose Ontario when I did it...
Old Nov 28th 2019, 1:16 am
Forum Regular

thank you for the help
Old Dec 18th 2019, 8:26 pm
Just Joined

Dandares is an unknown quantity at this point

Can anyone share their timeline from decision made over the last couple of months in Calgary? We completed the test mid Oct but I was still waiting on fingerprints, mid November online status changed to decision made, wondering when we should expect the letter for the oath.
I know that there is little I can do but sit back and wait but would appreciate an idea of the timing as I will be travelling in March.

Thanks!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.