Citizenship Application Timeline

Old May 4th 2019, 10:28 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Application Timeline

Originally Posted by conjonway
  1. April 16th, 2019: Received notice to appear for citizenship test on May 2nd
  2. May 2nd, 2019: Sat citizenship test
  3. May 3rd, 2019: Citizenship ceremony and DONE
Wow that was quick! Congrats

I still haven’t received a test date, had hoped i would get a letter last month. Not sure what is taking so long
Old May 6th 2019, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

roflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really nice

Just got my date through for my citizenship test - at the end of this month (May 29th). My timeline is virtually identical to conjonway's above - they received my application the day after (18th October).

I also got the offer of doing the 'One-Pass' session, but it was a) in Vancouver (I'm in Victoria) and b) it's not until July, so I figured I'd do the May one on the island instead.

-
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 18, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 27, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on January 15, 2019.
  4. We sent you correspondence on February 1, 2019. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Last edited by roflwell; May 6th 2019 at 6:50 am.
Old May 6th 2019, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

roflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really nice

Actually, now that I think about it - I'm starting to wonder if it's worth doing it all on one day in Vancouver in July, or doing the test here in May and then waiting an indeterminate amount of time for a ceremony date... hmmm.
Old May 6th 2019, 1:29 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roflwell
Actually, now that I think about it - I'm starting to wonder if it's worth doing it all on one day in Vancouver in July, or doing the test here in May and then waiting an indeterminate amount of time for a ceremony date... hmmm.
So this one pass thing is where everything gets done on the same day? Test and ceremony?

when did you receive the date for your test? Was it via email or letter?
Old May 6th 2019, 1:31 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Eddmac
Congratulations!
Hopefully if my application follows your timeline, I should receive some news anytime now.
have you received any news yet?
Old May 6th 2019, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by beckiwoo

So this one pass thing is where everything gets done on the same day? Test and ceremony?

when did you receive the date for your test? Was it via email or letter?
That's the one. I got the date via e-mail on Thursday.
Old May 6th 2019, 6:26 pm
Forum Regular

tweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond reputetweed_wearer has a reputation beyond repute

I sent off my application and have Canada Post confirmation that it was received at the IRCC office 7 weeks or so ago. I have not had any confirmation of receipt from IRCC and cannot link to the application in CAS. I sent an email to IRCC to update some info and they said the application was not yet entered in their system so to re-send once I get an acknowledgment of receipt. Is this typical? How long does it typically take for an acknowledgment of receipt of an application?

Thanks
Old May 6th 2019, 10:17 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by tweed_wearer
I sent off my application and have Canada Post confirmation that it was received at the IRCC office 7 weeks or so ago. I have not had any confirmation of receipt from IRCC and cannot link to the application in CAS. I sent an email to IRCC to update some info and they said the application was not yet entered in their system so to re-send once I get an acknowledgment of receipt. Is this typical? How long does it typically take for an acknowledgment of receipt of an application?

Thanks
about 2-3 months on average from the date they received it via courier
Old May 6th 2019, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Eddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond reputeEddmac has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo

have you received any news yet?
Nope - it hasnt changed in 5 months - what about you?
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on September 4, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 21, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on December 4, 2018.
It's always massively disappointing to see people that applied after you have completed the ceremony already - and you haven't even got a reply yet

Last edited by Eddmac; May 6th 2019 at 11:28 pm.
Old May 7th 2019, 12:20 am
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Eddmac
​​​​​​

It's always massively disappointing to see people that applied after you have completed the ceremony already - and you haven't even got a reply yet
No but I’m a week behind roflwell and conjonway. Both of them got asked for fingerprints though - I’m wondering if this actually speeds things up ironically!

I’m guessing if it gets to 12 months that’s when you can call them for an update on your application
Old May 7th 2019, 11:54 pm
Forum Regular

Our applications might be different though - for instance, there's only me on mine and no other family, so it's only one person - not sure if you're applying as a family?
Old May 11th 2019, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roflwell
Our applications might be different though - for instance, there's only me on mine and no other family, so it's only one person - not sure if you're applying as a family?
Mine was just for myself. Only thing I think I did "out of the norm" was to have the fingerprints request, and then I also followed up by phone to make sure they received it OK.
Old May 15th 2019, 4:17 pm
Bex in the city

I’m guessing timelines for test date/ceremony differ depending which location your application is at. Maybe Victoria has less applications than Vancouver office.

At the end of this month I’m at 7 months without a test date scheduled
Old Jun 3rd 2019, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Seems like I'm way behind the curve here in processing compared to others - I also was asked for fingerprints in December which I submitted. No update to my status since then! Applying from Toronto.

Citizenship

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on August 24, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on November 10, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on November 15, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on December 6, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.

Old Jun 5th 2019, 3:14 am
BE Forum Addict

withabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond reputewithabix has a reputation beyond repute

We submitted our Citizenship applications on 1st June 2018.

Today we had our Citizenship Ceremony - 4th June 2019.

Test date was 14th March.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.