Citizenship Application Timeline

Old Feb 22nd 2019, 2:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

vinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Application Timeline

I've never been to Ft. Conger, but I have been up to Churchill, MB, & to Ft. Chipewyan, AB. I love the North. Anyhow, there was only the most obscure reference to "One Pass" processing that I could find on the IRCC website (last summer, after the call centre lass told me to apply for it) when I tried to look it up, and the circumstances that they described there were disability, etc., with no mention of distance or any other applicable personal circumstance. So I hesitated some days before applying for "One Pass" processing because of this. But it turned out that the call centre agent was exactly 100% correct. So other citizenship applicants might be able to similarly apply for "One Pass" processing based on their own unique/particular set of circumstances. Then, if they're a 'straight shot'/ 'slam dunk' applicant, they'll also get to do their Test/Interview/Oath all on the same day. Although taking this route does somewhat shorten one's timeline, hehe.

Last edited by vinegarboy; Feb 22nd 2019 at 3:09 pm.
Old Feb 22nd 2019, 3:45 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vinegarboy
Anyhow, there was only the most obscure reference to "One Pass" processing that I could find on the IRCC website (last summer, after the call centre lass told me to apply for it) when I tried to look it up, and the circumstances that they described there were disability, etc., with no mention of distance or any other applicable personal circumstance. So I hesitated some days before applying for "One Pass" processing because of this. But it turned out that the call centre agent was exactly 100% correct.
I think you're to be congratulated in grubbing out and publicising this valuable nugget of information from the IRCC mush that identifies itself as a government agency. The agent who passed on this gem is also to be applauded as that rarity, someone in the know who actively seeks to spread the good news.
Well done and I hope others will take advantage of it.

Old Feb 22nd 2019, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

vinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond reputevinegarboy has a reputation beyond repute

For sure, Dave, & thanks. I think that I can hear computer mice being clicked in that direction already, hehe. Fyi, the request for "One Pass" processing is made by fax to the precise IRCC office wherein is held one's physical citizenship application file. It's then apparently up to the IRCC officer who's had one's file assigned to her/his stack to consider one's request (necessitating him/her digging-up one's physical file, of course) as to whether or not one's precise circumstances (as described in one's fax) can convince him/her of the wisdom/kindness of granting one a "One Pass" processing protocol.

Anyhow, I'm hoping to move East come Spring/thaw, and am currently looking for a job, so if anybody out there might happen to know of anyone who's hiring, I'd be most grateful to hear from them by private message. I'm in the environmental remediation/cleanup consulting sector, & I was up on the oilfields in AB until the oil price tanked. I can figure-out environmental liability solutions (scientific/engineering) or legal cases/claims/defenses for clients, and I can even hop-in to operate a 16-tonne CAT wheel-loader if a crewman doean't show up for work, hehe. Cheers.

Last edited by vinegarboy; Feb 22nd 2019 at 5:45 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2019, 4:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

beckiwoo ...you said you paid for fingerprints for citizenship?....I thought it was free ..as I never paid at rcmp station and iirc neither did my friend that was asked either. not being funny just interested
Old Feb 25th 2019, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

sean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamesmc
beckiwoo ...you said you paid for fingerprints for citizenship?....I thought it was free ..as I never paid at rcmp station and iirc neither did my friend that was asked either. not being funny just interested
I had to pay for mine last year, $25 I think in Halton, ON.
Old Feb 25th 2019, 9:20 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

i haven’t been asked for fingerprints at this point/yet

i was just looking at costs. I am not around an RCMP station and have to go to VPD who charge to send it to RCMP.

if there is an RCMP station in Vancouver area that does fingerprint then someone please advise
Old Feb 27th 2019, 5:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

Iirc the RCMP don't charge for citizenship fingerprints ,they might charge $25 for fee etc but my local office does not. but private comps do (so I just have been told).,sorry beckiwoo picked you up wrong
Old Feb 27th 2019, 5:53 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Iirc the RCMP don't charge for citizenship fingerprints ,they might charge $25 for fee etc but my local office does not. but private comps do (so I just have been told).,sorry beckiwoo picked you up wrong
Good to know if that’s the case. Even $25 is much better than $60-$70.

Old Feb 27th 2019, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

It wasn’t for citizenship (it was for a child care centre screening and criminal record check) but I got a fingerprint check done recently through RCMP and that cost me $70
Old Feb 27th 2019, 9:16 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AlliF
It wasn’t for citizenship (it was for a child care centre screening and criminal record check) but I got a fingerprint check done recently through RCMP and that cost me $70
That's a vulnerable sector check and there would be a charge for processing that, rather than the fingerprints I suspect! https://www2.gov.bc.ca/gov/content/s...l-record-check
Fees charged by RCMP can be found here:http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/processing-times-and-fees
A certified criminal record check – also known as a fingerprint-based criminal record check – may require local and/or federal processing fees.

The federal processing fee is CDN$ 25 for each criminal record check, however, the federal fee is waived in some cases .... There is NO federal processing fee if: You are applying for Canadian citizenship
Vancouver Police department charges $60 for fingerprinting - might be worth checking to see if that includes a federal portion or not and checking the price if it's for fingerprints for Citizenship rather than a background check..
Vancouver: https://vancouver.ca/police/organiza...g-service.html

RCMP North Vancouver http://bc.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/ViewPage.ac...ontentId=16337
List of all RCMP offices: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/detach/en/find/BC#wb-cont

Last edited by Siouxie; Feb 27th 2019 at 9:32 pm.
Old Feb 28th 2019, 2:41 am
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Siouxie

The federal processing fee is CDN$ 25 for each criminal record check, however, the federal fee is waived in some cases .... There is NO federal processing fee if: You are applying for Canadian citizenship
Vancouver Police department charges $60 for fingerprinting - might be worth checking to see if that includes a federal portion or not and checking the price if it's for fingerprints for Citizenship rather than a background check..
Vancouver: https://vancouver.ca/police/organiza...g-service.html

RCMP North Vancouver North Vancouver RCMP - Fingerprinting Services
List of all RCMP offices: Find a detachment - British Columbia

Thank you for the list

If I am asked, i might just go to Richmond/N Vancouver or UBC to get it done. I do know with some RCMP offices you have to be a 'local' - living in that district to get the services there

It does sound odd that RCMP don't charge for fingerprints for citizenship but VPD would on their behalf
Old Mar 3rd 2019, 11:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by roflwell
Application 'In Process' as of January 15th.
Got a request for fingerprints today (dated February 1st). While originally a bit concerning, this seems to be a common request now (and I have a ridiculously common name) so I'm now less concerned...

Weirdly, they apparently sent me a 'Discover Canada' study book in December... but that's apparently disappeared into Canada Post Hell
I have also just had a request for fingerprints from RCMP.

Cost me $60 to go through a 3rd party company. Fingers crossed that they did it correctly and RCMP (then CIC) receive it all on time.

The timeline looks good once they've received then though
Old Mar 11th 2019, 4:34 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

I'll be joining in on this fun shortly on behalf of Mr Schnooks... he should be applying in the next month or so. Am I right in assuming actual processing time to doing the oath is around 10-11m? That seems to be my impression from reading back the past few pages...?

Just getting the app together. I do not miss this paperwork from doing our spousal sponsorship back in 2011-2012... sigh!
Old Mar 11th 2019, 5:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nice

Originally Posted by SchnookoLoly
I'll be joining in on this fun shortly on behalf of Mr Schnooks... he should be applying in the next month or so. Am I right in assuming actual processing time to doing the oath is around 10-11m? That seems to be my impression from reading back the past few pages...?

Just getting the app together. I do not miss this paperwork from doing our spousal sponsorship back in 2011-2012... sigh!
Ours was more like 9 months, but I do gather the 10-11 months is the average.

Graham.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 7:44 pm
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by graham1710
Ours was more like 9 months, but I do gather the 10-11 months is the average.

Graham.
Okay awesome, thanks for confirming!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.