Citizenship Application Timeline

Old Dec 13th 2018, 5:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Application Timeline

Originally Posted by jamesmc
hi folks long time no post but here is my storyline..arrived 26 February 2008 on TWP , nominated by MBPNP January 09 .PR march 10 (had a bad work accident during this time so waited 4 months so I could see if I was going back to work)……………...tried for citizenship in 2012 but was sent back due to paperwork problems,they though UK was Ukraine
..i was so pd I got the money back. ...Now 2018 sent in again received March.receipt April, in process june 21st ..fingerprints august, paperwork /see judge oct (no test as 58 ) oath Nov 28 .
oh dear, Ukraine, glad you got your money back!
Sounds like it went pretty quickly when you reapplied - maybe they expedited it!
How long was it between ‘decision made’ status and getting an oath date?
Old Dec 13th 2018, 6:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

less than a month...from taking my papers in to see the "judge" took 2mins but 1hr wait (no test),got home next day decision made couple o days later e mail with oath date in 2 weeks. Winnipeg was worst in wait times for long time but now 9 months from start to finish seems the norm.
Old Dec 13th 2018, 6:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jamesmc
less than a month...from taking my papers in to see the "judge" took 2mins but 1hr wait (no test),got home next day decision made couple o days later e mail with oath date in 2 weeks. Winnipeg was worst in wait times for long time but now 9 months from start to finish seems the norm.
ok, good to know, thanks!
It took them 6 weeks to change status to decision made but we had to supply additional paperwork to prove dates for a trip to the UK.

Old Dec 14th 2018, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

sean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond reputesean75 has a reputation beyond repute

My timeline for anyone interested.
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 22, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 26, 2018.
  3. We started processing your application on August 15, 2018.
  4. We sent you correspondence on September 12, 2018. [This was for fingerprints. Took almost a month to get the appointment, then a couple of weeks to receive the results and submit them, so an approx. six-week delay for this stage.]
  5. We sent you a notice on November 14, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on December 13, 2018.
Passed the test yesterday. I wasn't expecting the test to be administered using a scantron card (!), nor for the test to be quite so easy. I'd say if someone is doing even only OK on the online practice tests, they should pass with flying colours, assuming yesterday's test wasn't an outlier. For example, and not to give away any secrets, but when one of the questions relates to the visual aspects of a Canadian symbol, and that symbol is right in front of the examinees on the wall of the test room, it renders the hours of study learning all the dates and all that sneaky picture-caption information somewhat moot. I took the test in Hamilton, ON, so the technology and test-room clues may be different in other locations.

After the test, the interviewer checked my paperwork and made sure I could speak English by asking me where I worked. It was very friendly and a no-pressure situation. I was told that I'll get an email within three months with the ceremony details, although I don't know how much longer after that the ceremony will be.

I'm glad it's over now, and would like to wish all those currently in the process the best of luck.
Old Dec 15th 2018, 12:54 am
BE Forum Addict

Got our notice to appear for oath by email today - date is 21st January - so the process from application to oath will have taken 13 months total.
The end is in sight!
Old Dec 15th 2018, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

jamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond reputejamesmc has a reputation beyond repute

where you doing it mate?? mine was at via rail on main,daughters test is up the street at the victory building
Old Dec 15th 2018, 4:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

We are also doing it at the Via Rail Building.
Daughter will be happy to get the day off school.
Old Dec 15th 2018, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

On reflection it’s probably overdue that I need to change my user name - this scot is no longer downunder (and hasn’t been for over 5 years now lol)
Old Dec 16th 2018, 12:37 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotdownunder
On reflection it’s probably overdue that I need to change my user name - this scot is no longer downunder (and hasn’t been for over 5 years now lol)

Whenever I see your username I sing that song in my head, lol... "we come from a scotdownunder... you better run, you better hide.. down under.."

You can send BEVS a message for a name change request
Old Dec 17th 2018, 6:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

a wee hint mate ..when you go in to the oath ,your guests keep to the left and you are huddled up and told by the clerk o the court to keep to the right and go through a passageway to the right and line up to check you signed the allow pictures bit and hand over your pr cards and get your paperwork (words for oath ,o canada etc and seat numbers ...mind you you are called up in alphabetical order )….so don't faf about (lol) keep to the right when huddled up and just overtake the "sheep" saves a bit o a wait standing about.

Last edited by jamesmc; Dec 17th 2018 at 6:04 pm.
Old Dec 21st 2018, 1:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo

Mine wasn’t received until October 23rd so if you don’t have an update neither will I.

Looks like it’s taking nearer to 3 months to acknowledge.

Got my receipt of application today
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 17, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 21, 2018.
Old Dec 21st 2018, 3:03 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by conjonway
Got my receipt of application today
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 17, 2018.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 21, 2018.
Awesome!

did you receive the acknowledgement via email then?
Old Dec 22nd 2018, 7:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by beckiwoo

Awesome!

did you receive the acknowledgement via email then?
Yep! Got the email on the evening of December 20th, and could login to check status the morning of December 21st.
Old Dec 28th 2018, 1:39 am
Forum Regular

roflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really nice

Applied on October 12th, received an email today saying CIC has received my application!

Time to sit and wait...
Old Dec 28th 2018, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by roflwell
Applied on October 12th, received an email today saying CIC has received my application!

Time to sit and wait...
Happy waiting!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.