Citizenship Application Timeline

Old Oct 26th 2018, 8:49 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Application Timeline

The final phase of our 8 year process from applying for PR in 2010, landing in 2013, to applying for Citizenship in 2018

Citizenship Application

2018-08-05 - Application Posted
2018-08-13 - Application Received
2018-10-25 - Acknowledgement of Receipt

Last edited by james.mc; Oct 26th 2018 at 8:55 am.
Old Oct 30th 2018, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by james.mc
The final phase of our 8 year process from applying for PR in 2010, landing in 2013, to applying for Citizenship in 2018

Citizenship Application

2018-08-05 - Application Posted
2018-08-13 - Application Received
2018-10-25 - Acknowledgement of Receipt
It’s great to get that application in isn’t it? Hope it gets processed quickly for you. � ����

Old Oct 30th 2018, 3:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Got our citizenship test on Thursday - reading here about travel itineraries,there’s no mention of that on our notice to appear
We haven’t had any complicated trips - as far as I can see there are stamps in our passports for all the trips we have made in the qualifying period. It’s basically been US, UK, Mexico and Jamaica.

Possibly overthinking it all here - I’m getting pretty stressed about the test and the interview. Despite having read the booklet over and over I’m not great at remembering dates.
Old Nov 1st 2018, 10:27 pm
Forum Regular

roflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really niceroflwell is just really nice

Another one here who has now officially mailed in their citizenship application!

It's been a few years since I posted, but I signed up here before I even applied for my TWP way back in 2012 :-D
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 12:34 am
Forum Regular

Hasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond reputeHasan78 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi every one!

I sent my citizenship application with Canada post on Aug 12 as registered but no signature done. I was assured it was delivered.

So far no acknowledgement letter yet. It is 2+ months already. I see most got AOR by 2 months.

Not sure if I should email cic so I was wondering what the others expat think - either wait or email to double check my package is arrived??

thanks for your input.
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 1:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Quick update - we both passed our test today

Only one small hitch with the interview was that we didn’t have stamps in our passports for a trip to the UK so we are going to have to hunt down our itineraries/boarding passes for that trip 2 years ago and mail them to them.

So i would recommend that everyone check they have all the corresponding entry and exit stamps in their passports to the dates in their applications, or take supporting documents before they go write the test.
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 1:57 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Hasan78
Hi every one!

I sent my citizenship application with Canada post on Aug 12 as registered but no signature done. I was assured it was delivered.

So far no acknowledgement letter yet. It is 2+ months already. I see most got AOR by 2 months.

Not sure if I should email cic so I was wondering what the others expat think - either wait or email to double check my package is arrived??

thanks for your input.
I don’t think cic will do anything other than refer you to the waiting times to be honest. While 2 months seems to be average some will be quicker some slower.
It’s frustrating I know, but if you already know for sure it was delivered then I think you just have to hang in there until they get to it.
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 2:13 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotdownunder

Only one small hitch with the interview was that we didn’t have stamps in our passports for a trip to the UK so we are going to have to hunt down our itineraries/boarding passes for that trip 2 years ago and mail them to them.

So i would recommend that everyone check they have all the corresponding entry and exit stamps in their passports to the dates in their applications, or take supporting documents before they go write the test.
I’m guessing you used a passport other then a UK one to enter the UK if you are talking about exit and entry stamps in there.

It’s odd as some interviewers want the non English/French stamps translated and then other want your previous itinarires/travel tickets etc - no consistency.

Were they only interested in trips within your eligibility period or just everything in your passport?
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 3:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by beckiwoo

I’m guessing you used a passport other then a UK one to enter the UK if you are talking about exit and entry stamps in there.

It’s odd as some interviewers want the non English/French stamps translated and then other want your previous itinarires/travel tickets etc - no consistency.

Were they only interested in trips within your eligibility period or just everything in your passport?
No, we used our UK passports that’s why there is no entry stamp for the UK which is what they are looking for. They have the re-entry to Canada.
Fortunatley my husband is a real hoarder and had the itinerary in his drawer - now he’s all smug because i’m always telling him to throw all that stuff out
They looked through both our passports - Australian and recently expired UK one, but were only interested in eligibility period as they have dealt with everything prior to that in the PR application.
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 4:42 pm
Bex in the city

beckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond reputebeckiwoo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scotdownunder

No, we used our UK passports that’s why there is no entry stamp for the UK which is what they are looking for. They have the re-entry to Canada.
Fortunatley my husband is a real hoarder and had the itinerary in his drawer - now he’s all smug because i’m always telling him to throw all that stuff out
They looked through both our passports - Australian and recently expired UK one, but were only interested in eligibility period as they have dealt with everything prior to that in the PR application.
thats so weird. Surely they would know that UK passports don’t get stamps when entering the UK.

I don’t think I have ever had a a Canadian re entry stamp since I landed as a PR.

I keep everything for my travel journals/albums it def pays to have evidence lol
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Yes they know this and if they have any concerns they'll ask you to get UK entry/exit records.
Old Nov 2nd 2018, 7:53 pm
Bex in the city

Originally Posted by Snowy560
Yes they know this and if they have any concerns they'll ask you to get UK entry/exit records.
i hope that’s a straight forward process...
Old Nov 3rd 2018, 2:41 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

i hope that’s a straight forward process...

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...nd-immigration
Old Nov 3rd 2018, 4:42 am
Bex in the city

thanks for that. I wonder how many people get asked for that
That’s a ball ache with getting the identification certified and having to send
them a letter!
Im guessing if you have you iteneries/old boarding passes,
you might get away with it.
Old Nov 3rd 2018, 1:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

thanks for that. I wonder how many people get asked for that
That’s a ball ache with getting the identification certified and having to send
them a letter!
Im guessing if you have you iteneries/old boarding passes,
you might get away with it.
Good to know if you haven’t kept any of the other stuff then that is there. And if you had multiple trips to prove that might be easier than burrowing for multiple bits of paperwork.
The officer who interviewed us didn’t mention anything about this report though - so I’m thinking they wouldn’t expect you to do that except in last resort cases - the proof options she gave us were itineraries, boarding passes or even hotel receipts (I imagine car hire receipts would also work - especially if you picked up/dropped off at the airport)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.