Citizenship Application Timeline

Old Mar 19th 2018, 10:49 pm
Chips & Gravy

jennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of lightjennellapea is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Citizenship Application Timeline

Originally Posted by DandNHill
Didn’t I read somewhere that your employer has to give you the day off on that day? (Seriously , not joking)
I get a paid day off thanks to the union
Old Mar 28th 2018, 3:55 pm
Forum Regular

dominiqueincanada is an unknown quantity at this point

Update to my timeline:

Mailed application: 16th October
Application received: 19th October
Started processing: 19th January
Notice to appear: 8th February
Citizenship test: 8th March
Invitation to oath ceremony: 28th March
Oath: 27th April
Old Apr 4th 2018, 6:48 pm
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dominiqueincanada
Update to my timeline:

Mailed application: 16th October
Application received: 19th October
Started processing: 19th January
Notice to appear: 8th February
Citizenship test: 8th March
Invitation to oath ceremony: 28th March
Oath: 27th April
I did wonder when I saw the two dates above for Application Received and Start Processing being on the 19th of the month and three months down the line and for this part of the process it's 3 months precisely.

So I've been expecting to hear about our applications after 3 months.. and lo and behold, three months to the day after our applications being received on 3rd January we learn that our applications are now In Process, today being the 4th and in process from the 3rd.

Strongly suspect that there is a built-in fixed delay of 3 months in the system that's probably there to act as a buffer but has nothing to do with number of applications or pressure of work.

Last edited by dave_j; Apr 4th 2018 at 8:43 pm.
Old Apr 7th 2018, 4:27 pm
Just Joined

miffy85 is an unknown quantity at this point

Adding the beginning of my timeline:

Mailed application - February 18
Acknowledgement Receipt - March 15

Nothing showing on Online Services page yet
Old Apr 17th 2018, 12:48 am
A taffy in Ontario

snuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant futuresnuggs has a brilliant future

My time line began on the weekend.

Sent app = 14th April.
Expected delivery - Thursday!
Old Apr 18th 2018, 5:23 pm
Forum Regular

Pudseytwo is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Pudseytwo
Application posted: December 5th, 2017

Application received: Dec 7th, 2017

Received acknowledgement letter: January 25th, 2018

Request for finger prints (one person) March 9th, 2018
Had fingerprints done March 16th, 2018
Not heard if they have received them?

Checking Client Application Status online regularly but we don't appear to be being processed as yet, which is strange when they have requested finger prints?
Does anyone have any experience of having to have finger prints done?
Old Apr 18th 2018, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nice

Hey,

I used Fingerprinting Services – Toronto and Scarborough, Canada | Canadian Police Clearance and Fingerprinting Services (an affiliate of ClearNeed, who are on the official list at Who can conduct a Criminal Record Check? | Royal Canadian Mounted Police).

As far as me receiving anything from them, absolutely nothing other than a receipt that I paid. I did ask (on more than once occasion to be sure!) and he assured me it would be sent directly. I think it goes to RCMP first, who then sent to IRCC, but I forget. One thing I made sure to do was check it'd go to the right office. Apparently for him, most of his customers are processed at the St. Clair office downtown, even though he's right across the street from the Scarborough office! So he had to look it up to make sure he could send to the correct one. I understand this is the normal process, but it would be nice to receive confirmation :-)

Unfortunately I had no way of knowing that it happened! On my cover letter after submitting all my QA items (http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...idence-907039/), I made mention near the top of the date and location/company of where I got them done and that they confirmed they would be sending directly. If you only have fingerprints and no other docs to submit directly, I'd personally be tempted to send them a quick letter just letting them know when/where it was done, in case they don't get it and rather think you've just ignored them.

At my interview after my test, I didn't specifically ask about them being received but she didn't mention them still needing to be done and I think I saw a piece of paper that looked like it had them on it!

Hope this helps.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 5:29 pm
Dive Bar Drunk

JamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond reputeJamesM has a reputation beyond repute

Oh boy.

That means you have the same name as a convicted criminal or someone on the run from the law usually.

They need to verify that you are not them and can drag out the process by quite a few months.

Happened to a friend of mine.
Old Apr 18th 2018, 5:57 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Graham - I think I'll send them a letter to confirm date and location of where I had them done 👍🏼
Old Apr 18th 2018, 11:59 pm
Forum Regular

MrWindUpBird is on a distinguished road

I took the oath on Friday. For anyone who's curious (Like I was) about the timing, it only took just over an hour. This was at the Vancouver office, so it may be different in other locations. I didn't hang around to get a selfie with the judge so that would also add time

One thing to bear in mind with Vancouver is that the scheduled start time of the ceremony (Based on the invitation) is 8am, but the office only opens at that time so you'll be waiting outside. It was raining on the day for me, so the local Starbucks was pretty busy!
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 12:20 am
BE addict

Princesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond reputePrincesstigger has a reputation beyond repute

Just adding my timeline.

Received March 1st
AOR March 25th

Showing on ECAS :-)
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

Yes. It was... annoying ...

Originally Posted by JamesM
Oh boy.

That means you have the same name as a convicted criminal or someone on the run from the law usually.

They need to verify that you are not them and can drag out the process by quite a few months.

Happened to a friend of mine.
Or the same name as a local born and bred Canadian, and whose records & yours (DL & health card IME) the province mucked up for years.
Old May 14th 2018, 6:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

AlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond reputeAlliF has a reputation beyond repute

Can someone tell me what happens when they make a decision -are we notified by email or snailmail? And if you get a test date can you change the date?
We are travelling back to Uk for a wedding in 3 weeks time for a fortnight and just hoping they dont decide to schedule it while we are away..
Old Jun 6th 2018, 1:36 pm
Forum Regular

Update on Citizenship appliation.

Application received: Dec 7th, 2017

Received acknowledgement letter: January 25th, 2018

Request for finger prints (one person) March 9th, 2018
Had fingerprints done March 16th, 2018

Received Notice to Appear for test May 18th, 2018

Citizenship Test June 7th, 2018

Quick question - I'm putting together all the information that they require for the test appointment, it say's that when you come to this appointment you must bring with you: All of your original documents that support your citizenship application ( as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form) This seems a little extreme, I've took a copy of the form but don't have a copy of the physical prescence calculator - Do they really need all this? Thanks in advance !
Old Jun 6th 2018, 1:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

graham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nicegraham1710 is just really nice

Update on Citizenship appliation.

Quick question - I'm putting together all the information that they require for the test appointment, it say's that when you come to this appointment you must bring with you: All of your original documents that support your citizenship application ( as listed in the document checklist in the citizenship application form) This seems a little extreme, I've took a copy of the form but don't have a copy of the physical prescence calculator - Do they really need all this? Thanks in advance !

They didn't need the application or the physical presence calculator in my case, but I did take a print out of them just in case. Otherwise yep, I think I took originals of all the things that I submitted photocopies of for the application, just to be sure. It sounds like in a lot of cases, they don't look at much (aside from passport), but in other cases they look at a bunch of things.

Graham.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.