Citizenship Application Timeline

Old Dec 29th 2016, 9:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship Application Timeline

Originally Posted by dazaman
Hey guys.
I just got my Application for citizenship sent back to me, because i did not send the correct proof of language, I sent a letter from my school in the uk, Stating that i attended school for 5 years, do i need to take a language test? I' as British as you get. Please help.
Thanks
Read this link for acceptable proof of language
Acceptable language proof to apply for citizenship wizard
Old Dec 30th 2016, 2:33 am
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

If you haven't got the required proof, then yes you'll need to take one of the language tests. If doing one of the tests I'd do the CELPIP LS.

You're probably better off cutting your losses and doing this from what you say.

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Dec 30th 2016 at 2:43 am.
Old Dec 30th 2016, 3:13 pm
Citizenship Nov 10 2016!!

nikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond reputenikki dreaming has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect that the letter from your school confirming attendance is not sufficient.

we recently applied for Citizenship and sent copies of what we previously submitted for our PR application - an official copy of our UK exam results.

It was about 9 years ago now that we requested this document, but I believe the companies still exist that provide these, if I recall one of the names was AQA. Our Citizenship was granted so this seemed to be enough to demonstrate education in English language.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Hey all. Hard to believe the time is approaching when I'll be eligible to apply for citizenship. I've relied on this site for advice with both my IEC applications and permanent residence applications in the past so was the first place I turned to. I have a few questions which I wonder if anyone can help with?

1. I'm assuming the requirement for 1,460 days of residence in Canada means if I spent 10 days in England on holiday for example even though I was still a resident in Canada, those 10 days count as not being in Canada?

2. In lieu of attending a language test, would a degree certificate from an English University suffice or do they want full transcripts?

I think that's it for now.

Cheers!
Old Jan 6th 2017, 4:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

When we applied two years ago, there was a calculator on the CIC website which told you when you could apply - you put in the relevant dates, including days out of Canada on holiday, and it calculated it for you. Have you looked at the site? It may have changed since then but that was very useful.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 4:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

You have to include the Physical Presence Calculator now or CIT 0407:

https://eservices.cic.gc.ca/rescalc/resCalcStartNew.do

"How do I calculate my physical presence?

Each applicant must complete

the On-line Physical Presence Calculator.
If the applicant has difficulty using the On-line Physical Presence Calculator, they may submit the How to calculate presence form (CIT 0407)."
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...IT0002ETOC.asp

Personally, I'd include both transcripts and degree certificate but it's up to you. Have you read the instruction guide thoroughly?:

Application for Canadian Citizenship: Adults

S

Last edited by Snowy560; Jan 6th 2017 at 4:32 pm.
Old Jan 6th 2017, 6:33 pm
BE user by choice

Location: A Briton, married to a Canadian, now in Fredericton.
MillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond reputeMillieF has a reputation beyond repute

It is quick I sent mine off on 19th October, and I'm writing the test next Wednesday God knows it should be easy enough, but right at the moment my Victoria Cross Awards are getting mixed up with my Fathers of Manitoba and I have a dreadful feeling my my mind will go blank.

I did like the Discover Canada Book though, lots of jolly info that isn't on the question banks...who knew that Qubec could be quite so bloody tardy at giving women the vote?

This will be a nail biting weekend....
Old Jan 6th 2017, 6:39 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MillieF
It is quick I sent mine off on 19th October, and I'm writing the test next Wednesday God knows it should be easy enough, but right at the moment my Victoria Cross Awards are getting mixed up with my Fathers of Manitoba and I have a dreadful feeling my my mind will go blank.

I did like the Discover Canada Book though, lots of jolly info that isn't on the question banks...who knew that Qubec could be quite so bloody tardy at giving women the vote?

Wow ...I never knew they had it ....

Dont fret- lazy older pup studied one evening and got 100% Millie you will be fine...
Old Jan 6th 2017, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lazy older pup is probably a lot younger than the rest of us!
However I agree, Millie you will be okay!

S
Old Jan 6th 2017, 7:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Shirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond reputeShirtback has a reputation beyond repute

A tad faster/earlier than France

Good luck with the test!
Old Jan 6th 2017, 10:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Twitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond reputeTwitcher1958 has a reputation beyond repute

And one thing that was mentioned to my daughter and saved her on two questions - the questions obviously can't be too topical, so an unknown name is very unlikely to be a tennis player and far more likely to be a suffragette! The on line tests are very good to back up what you learn from the book. Good luck!
Old Jan 6th 2017, 10:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

How long did anyone spend studying for the test? (apart from Stinky's genius son!).

S
Old Jan 6th 2017, 10:49 pm
"In cruce vincam"

rivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond reputerivingtonpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Snowy560
How long did anyone spend studying for the test? (apart from Stinky's genius son!).

S
I never actually read the book. I did loads and loads of online tests. Believe me, if both me and the wife can get 100% - any idiot can....
- In all, probably prepared for a couple of weeks, doing an hour or so each evening. Not much point turning up if you're going to fail. Has anyone ever actually failed the test?
Old Jan 6th 2017, 11:02 pm
BE Forum Addict

Did you use a private training provider? I notice several come up on a google search, one for $29.

CANADIAN CITIZENSHIP TEST 2017 - Online Practice Tests

I am curious.

S
Old Jan 6th 2017, 11:35 pm
I need a walk

Stinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond reputeStinkypup has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rivingtonpike
I never actually read the book. I did loads and loads of online tests. Believe me, if both me and the wife can get 100% - any idiot can....
- In all, probably prepared for a couple of weeks, doing an hour or so each evening. Not much point turning up if you're going to fail. Has anyone ever actually failed the test?
Yes...That poor disabled monkey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.