Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Citizenship application supporting docs

Wikiposts

Citizenship application supporting docs

Old Jan 17th 2008, 12:45 am
Forum Regular

bartM will become famous soon enough
Default Citizenship application supporting docs

After a couple of years in Canada, the moment has come to apply for citizenship and hopefully a year from now or so, I'll be standing there butchering 'Oh, Canada' together with the rest of the new Canadian crowd...

Anyway, before this long awaited moment comes I have a few questions about the supporting documents. The application itself seems straightforward but should I be attaching stuff like utility bills, cc bils, phone bills for the period of last 4 years to prove my presence here? I have no problem with that except for the weight and size of this application.

My concern is that they will not like the fact that I travel very often (186 days off Canada) and that I changed the passport (no space left for visas) last year. BTW, should I scan it to show all the immig stamps?

Thanks for all the help,
Old Jan 19th 2008, 5:00 am
Forum Regular

Default Re: Citizenship application supporting docs

Just to move this thing up again... Anyone that applied for citizenship recently? Did you attach utility bills and stuff like that?

thanks
Old Jan 19th 2008, 5:26 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Originally Posted by bartM
Just to move this thing up again... Anyone that applied for citizenship recently? Did you attach utility bills and stuff like that?

thanks
Only submit what CIC asks for the in the application.

"Documents
You must send a clear and legible photocopy of:
1. your Canadian immigration record/paper (either your Record of Landing (IMM 1000) or your Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292)), and both sides of your Permanent Resident Card (PRC) if you have one;
2. two (2) pieces of personal identification, one of which must have your photo on it. If you do not have a piece of photo identification, you must explain why. You can use a separate piece of paper to explain.
Examples of photo identification:
Canadian driver's licence, Canadian health insurance card, the page of your passport containing your photo and personal information.

If they want more information, they will request it by sending you a Questionnaire
Old Jan 19th 2008, 5:56 am
Forum Regular

Thanks PMM, that's all I needed to know - your help is very appreciated!