Citizenship application

Old Dec 24th 2018, 5:15 pm
Forum Regular

zac stone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Citizenship application

Hello,
I received an email from CIC on Friday,confirming that they had received my application for Citizenship;they included a unique client id number,and an application number,I have tried using these numbers to check the status of my application,but their website states that the details entered aren’t recognized,does anyone know how long it will take for my UCI to allow details of my application,or do I need to create an online account before I can view these details,

thank you.
Old Dec 25th 2018, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

plasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond reputeplasticcanuck has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship application

You really should stop and take a breath. Firstly you’re dealing with a beaurocracy and secondly it’s Christmas and the department probably almost closes down until after New Years Day. There’s probably no-one around to deal with your situation. Cool your jets.
Old Dec 27th 2018, 5:14 am
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zac stone
Hello,
I received an email from CIC on Friday,confirming that they had received my application for Citizenship;they included a unique client id number,and an application number,I have tried using these numbers to check the status of my application,but their website states that the details entered aren’t recognized,does anyone know how long it will take for my UCI to allow details of my application,or do I need to create an online account before I can view these details,

thank you.
Are you talking about using MyCIC or e-CAS?
You must be careful to select England / Ireland / Scotland / Wales etc., and not a generic UK / GB for Place of Birth.

eCAS requires no sign up
https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/int...on.do?app=ecas

Old Dec 28th 2018, 1:27 am
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

I received the email in the evening but wasn't able to login until mid-morning the next day, so perhaps yours is similar
Old Dec 28th 2018, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

Hi,thanks for replying,I tried late afternoo today,and it still won’t allow me in,did you use the “ check your application status” link on the home page of the CIC website,or did you create an account to see your status,thanks.
Old Dec 28th 2018, 11:33 am
BE Enthusiast

conjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond reputeconjonway has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,thanks for replying,I tried late afternoo today,and it still won’t allow me in,did you use the “ check your application status” link on the home page of the CIC website,or did you create an account to see your status,thanks.
Do you not have an account yet? If not, that could be it. I already had an account. You can follow this page to set one up: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...n/account.html

I would still give it some time though and don't worry too much just yet - the holiday season can mess with a lot of government operations.

You know they have it at least!
Old Dec 28th 2018, 3:28 pm
Banned

Siouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond reputeSiouxie has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest you just use e-CAS for now, there is no need to register for an account.
Link in my previous post. (number 3) with a tip
Old Dec 28th 2018, 4:10 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Siouxie,
thank you so much,I was able to log into CIC’s system,I was using UK instead of England,thank you again!
Old Dec 29th 2018, 12:35 am
Forum Regular

Yes,your right,thank you for your reply!
Originally Posted by conjonway

Do you not have an account yet? If not, that could be it. I already had an account. You can follow this page to set one up: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration...n/account.html

I would still give it some time though and don't worry too much just yet - the holiday season can mess with a lot of government operations.

You know they have it at least!