Citizenship Application

Old Jan 28th 2001, 5:09 pm
N

Dear Experts,

I will be eligible to apply for Canadian citizenship on in May of this year. When I
counted the number of days that I have been away from the country, it came to 48 days on
personal travels and 55 days as an airline crewmember. The total of 103 days in a three
year period.

I have a few questions:

Will days spent out of Canada as an airline crewmember count as time away from Canada for
citizenship eligibility purposes?

If so, will I have to wait for 103 past May 31, 2001 to establish my 1095 days of physical
presence in Canada?

Do I have to include every single exit and entry into the country as an operating crew?

Someone has mentioned to me a "grace period" of 90 days. Supposedly if you are shot of 90
days to your 1095 day requirement, this grace period will still make you eligible for
citizenship (provided your absences were short).

When the Citizenship office counts the days you've been away, do they include in that the
day you returned back to the country? Lets say, If you left on January 1 and returned on
January 10, what would be the total number of days that you'll have been away for
Citizenship application purposes? Depends how you count it could be 10, 9 or 8!

Thanks a lot of your insight!