Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

Citizenship App.:-What to enter for the question "6B"? - Experts pl. help.

Citizenship App.:-What to enter for the question "6B"? - Experts pl. help.

Old Mar 9th 2011, 2:59 pm
Just Joined

ksiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Citizenship App.:-What to enter for the question "6B"? - Experts pl. help.

Hi,

My case details:

1. Landed Immigrant on Aug 24, 2007.
2. Left Canada 2 days after landing as PR. Left Canada and returned to US on Aug 26, 2007
3. Relocated to Canada to live as PR for good on Dec 31, 2007.

So, the confusion I have is: "What to enter for the question "6B"- (CIT 002: Citizenship Application)"?:

CIT 002: Section 6.
------------------
6. A. Date you became a permanent resident (landed immigrant)? = Aug 24, 2007

6. B. When did you first come to live in Canada if different from "A"?

Should this be "Dec 31, 2007", as this is the date I came to live in Canada for good [or] Should I leave this question blank considering 6B is same as 6A - ie.. Aug 24, 2007? (or) rather as "Not Applicable"?

Note: I have visited Canada before becoming PR on Visitor visa in 2000 and 2004 but not for living. Did not work on work permit or study in Canada before becoming PR.

The confusion arises for the following reason:

I. If I use the online Calculator,

A. Enter the date when you first came to Canada to live? Aug 24, 2007

B. Enter the date you became a permanent resident of Canada? Aug 24, 2007

The online calculator forces the user to enter "A" to be equal to [or] less than "B". If I go with this, it will contradict with the Citizenship Application - (CIT 002) Question "6 B" if I decide to use the date as "Dec 31, 2007".

In other words, Is this the question "6B" applies only to those who have lived in Canada as - Student and/or on Work before becoming PR?

All those like me who landed as PR but came back to live in Canada at a later date can leave this blank to be in synch. with the Online Calculator?

Experts pl. advice.

Thanks very much.
Old Mar 10th 2011, 12:22 am
Professional Cat herder

Zoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond reputeZoe Bell has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Citizenship App.:-What to enter for the question "6B"? - Experts pl. help.

I read it that it is for people who were here on TWP and can count those days towards the citizenship stuff ( i think they count as hal or something)

so yes put both dates as the same but then put the time you were out of the country in the section where it asks you to account for time outside of canada
Old Mar 11th 2011, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

ksiv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Citizenship App.:-What to enter for the question "6B"? - Experts pl. help.

Thanks very much Zoe Bell.