Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

cirizenship ceremony - have we been forgotten?

cirizenship ceremony - have we been forgotten?

Old Sep 27th 2017, 1:53 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default cirizenship ceremony - have we been forgotten?

Hi, we sent our application in, in January. We passed our exams in April. We have heard nothing since. A friend started his process 2 months after us and has a letter now for the 12th October ceremony. We called and are not scheduled for it. This makes no sense to me.
I am worried we have been lost in their system now.
Anyone else experienced this or have any advice please?
Old Sep 27th 2017, 2:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cirizenship ceremony - have we been forgotten?

You can try calling the helpline. The agent can check on the status of your file. You can check the online status too. You can also send a webform enquiry. This is what my Representative did for me when I didn't hear. I had a 2 week trip booked and you're supposed to inform then if you'll be away for for 2 weeks+. I wanted to avoid being scheduled while I was away. The Rep heard back fairly quickly.

I'm sure I told you all this when you asked about this before.

Last edited by Snowy560; Sep 27th 2017 at 2:29 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 2:38 pm
Happy

Howefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond reputeHowefamily has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Snowy560;12348000]You can try calling the helpline. The agent can check on the status of your file. You can check the online status too. You can also send a webform enquiry. This is what my Representative did for me when I didn't hear. I had a 2 week trip booked and you're supposed to inform then if you'll be away for for 2 weeks+. I wanted to avoid being scheduled while I was away. The Rep heard back fairly quickly.

I'm sure I told you all this when you asked about this before.[/QUOTE]
You did, and I appreciate it again.
Called helpline - check. All they will say is that we are finalized and they have up to a year to process us. Its unhelpful as I feel like I am talking to a robot and frankly I dont trust the info.
Checked online status - says it cant tell us as we are likely finalized or whatever the correct term is.
Send case specific email - just sent. Although it does say that if we are not over the processing time (1 year and we are not), we wont get a reply.
I am more concerned now because I know we are now behind people who started their application later than us. You know, freaking out a little....

Last edited by Howefamily; Sep 27th 2017 at 3:38 pm. Reason: later not earlier than us in the second to last sentence
Old Sep 27th 2017, 2:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Snowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond reputeSnowy560 has a reputation beyond repute

Are you sure it's not appearing on ECAS? (online systems). Mine was showing at a similar timeframe to yours. Try again in case you entered some information wrongly. Try with each of your Application numbers (C*********).

You could also physically write in. I did this as well although I had copies of airline itineraries to present as a reason.

I had my test in Jan and contacted them in May although it was to a different citizenship office to you.

PS: saw your blog: looks lovely: we're going to do a trip there next year!

Last edited by Snowy560; Sep 27th 2017 at 4:23 pm.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 4:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

PS: I just checked my Application online. It is still showing there and is up to date (Shows "complete"). Hopefully you will be able to find yours if you try again.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 4:48 pm
Happy

Originally Posted by Snowy560
PS: I just checked my Application online. It is still showing there and is up to date (Shows "complete"). Hopefully you will be able to find yours if you try again.
Ah yes "complete" is the word thats been used. Its complete, so does that mean you have had your ceremony? To me complete means the whole process is complete, including ceremony.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes it shows complete and when I click on it it shows the ceremony date. So you should be able to find yours. Yours is not complete and at a guess should be showing in process or Decision made.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 5:06 pm
Happy

would you please be able to send me a link to the ECAS site? I have never used it. I went online on the Canada Immigration site and went on check my application and it said it cannot as it may be complete
Old Sep 27th 2017, 5:12 pm
Happy

OK, I found it and put in my UCI # and it cannot identify me, so tried it with my application # and still cant identify me.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 5:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Yes

https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/?app=ecas

You need Application number (C*********) surname DOB and place of birth (e.g. England).
Old Sep 27th 2017, 5:40 pm
Happy

Thank you, I am in !!!
It shows:
  1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on January 24, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on February 1, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on February 7, 2017.
  4. We sent you a notice on March 31, 2017 to appear and write the citizenship test on April 27, 2017 at 10:31 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
This is it. Should it show that we passed our test? Does yours?
Thank you for your help.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 5:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

If you go back to the window before it should say in process or Decision made.
Old Sep 27th 2017, 5:44 pm
Happy

If you go back to the window before it should say in process or Decision made.
It says decision made. Does that mean its all good?
Old Sep 27th 2017, 5:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

In my experience yes because if not good you would have received a letter. Mine stayed like that between Jan and May. You've just got to wait or prompt them as you've done
Old Sep 27th 2017, 5:58 pm
Happy

In my experience yes because if not good you would have received a letter. Mine stayed like that between Jan and May. You've just got to wait or prompt them as you've done
Its just so concerning when our pals who took their test about a month ago are scheduled for their ceremony and we are not...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.