Wikiposts

CiiP induction course in London

Old Jan 10th 2013, 9:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

MapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really niceMapleSauce is just really nice
Lightbulb CiiP induction course in London

Having gone through the FSW route in London, and various trips to Canada over the years I thought II was prepared for the move and relatively comfortable with the small things. I must admit though, I still had some nervousness on housing information and licencing of my job.

However, with my COPR, there was an invitation letter and brochure for the Canadian Immigrant Integration Program (CiiP) that was created by the Association of Canadian Community Colleges (ACCC) and funded by the Government of Canada.

It prepares newcomers for economic integration while they are in the final stages of their application and is suited for Federal Skilled Workers, Provincial Nominees, their spouses and adult dependents.

The level of help provided to settle has been amazing as well as an insight in the labor market in Canada. After an initial full day group orientation meeting into Canada, the labor market and finding a job, you have a personal mapping meeting which outlines personal contacts and links to colleges and companies that can help as well as drawing a possible career path for your job.

This is backed up with connection with COSTI who provide help with immigrant services providing employment, educational, settlement and social services information for Canada. After the meeting i have already been contacted with help on my resume and mentoring, as well as possibly bridging classes that may help close any relative gaps in skills.

If anyone has this in their COPR pack, I would strongly suggest attending. This coupled with the information on this site and the wiki is all the collateral you need to hit the ground running with your new life.

Please be aware, you need to have at hand one of the following to be eligible:
  • You applied for immigration to Canada under the FSW or PNP as a principal applicant, spouse or working adult dependant
  • You applied for a visa from any of the following locations: Bahrain, Bangladesh, Bhutan, China, Denmark, England, Finland, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Kuwait, Malaysia, Nepal, Northern Ireland, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Scotland, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Sweden, United Arab Emirates, Wales and Yemen
  • You are completing the application process for a Canadian immigrant visa, usually in a stage where you have been requested to undergo your medical examinations, and security and background checks have been initiated
  • You have received one of the following:
  • A medical/security notification letter
  • A visa pick-up notification letter
  • A Canadian visa (but have not landed in Canada yet)
  • You applied for immigration to Canada through the federal system

The website for more information is here: www.newcomersuccess.ca/

Hope this helps anyone who is nervous on moving to the True North

Regards,

MS.