Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

CIC will request skill workers attend IELTS?

CIC will request skill workers attend IELTS?

Old Jun 3rd 2008, 12:29 am
Forum Regular

bootlecat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: CIC will request skill workers attend IELTS?

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
2 years ago??? It is a long time. Things changed. Take it to the bank - you need IELTS, period.
I don't see the big issue here really. If you have lived in an English (or French for that matter) country for a number of years, been taught a degree in that language and conversed with the general populace of that country in the language then you will have no problem.

If however you have lived in an English speaking country for 5 years and spoke nothing but Swedish because all your family and friends spoke just Swedish and you hardly communicated outside that group then you can't really claim to have been speaking English for 5 years anyway.

Put simply the test isn't hard if you are proficient in English.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 12:41 am
Forum Regular

immigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the roughimmigrants is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Andrew Miller
2 years ago??? It is a long time. Things changed. Take it to the bank - you need IELTS, period.
I'm no worry about current requirement, IELTS 5 in four component not a hard issue

I just want to know what is the threshold of new English requirement, however, it's not yet announced
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 2:31 am
Forum Regular

timu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the roughtimu12 is a jewel in the rough

too bad these applicants cant apply through CEC plus most expect CIC to raise passing mark in order to cut off backlog....