Cic want more money

Old Mar 11th 2013, 4:27 pm
Forum Regular

powdaking has a spectacular aura aboutpowdaking has a spectacular aura aboutpowdaking has a spectacular aura about
Default Cic want more money

Hi all

8 months after completing our immigration medicals in alberta, we have finally heard from CIC regarding our application for PR.... This is what they say, "please forward to us original police certificates for UAE, CHINA & LIBYA". Originals for china and UAE were sent 10 months ago, and it took us 8 months to get them, china wasn't forward in wanting to help us. Libya would not issue any due to the uprising, and the embassy in Ottawa told us they will not now or in the future issue police certificates... We explained this in our original application... We assumed they had accepted this as they then asked us to take our medicals.
And to annoy us even more, the cheeky immigration Gits have asked to send our immigration payment of $490 to them again.. This payment has already been sent/recieved way back in march 2012 so why are they asking us to pay again???

Any advise is always appreciated:
Old Mar 11th 2013, 7:21 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Cic want more money

Personally, I'd like to them explaining that you've already sent the police certificates that you can. And that it took numerous months to get them in the first place.

Re: the fee, they're asking for the RPRF fee, are you sure you paid that when you first applied? Most people don't pay it until the end of the process.
Old Mar 11th 2013, 9:06 pm
Forum Regular

powdaking has a spectacular aura aboutpowdaking has a spectacular aura aboutpowdaking has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Personally, I'd like to them explaining that you've already sent the police certificates that you can. And that it took numerous months to get them in the first place.

Re: the fee, they're asking for the RPRF fee, are you sure you paid that when you first applied? Most people don't pay it until the end of the process.
RPRF.... I think you are right, and no we haven't paid that fee.. Is this the last step before mailing our passports?

Thanks
Old Mar 12th 2013, 12:57 am
The ride never ends

orly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond reputeorly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by powdaking
RPRF.... I think you are right, and no we haven't paid that fee.. Is this the last step before mailing our passports?

Thanks
Should be.
Old Mar 12th 2013, 3:36 am
ModerĪ±tor Emeritus

iaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond reputeiaink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Thats what I'd do, including copies of any correspondence you have to add weight to the fact that you have tried to supply them and its through no fault of your own that you cant give them exactly what they want.