Wikiposts

CIC updates

Old Sep 22nd 2009, 7:23 am
Just Joined

DCui is an unknown quantity at this point
Post CIC updates

Dear all,
Me and my partner are currently living in Ireland, and planning to send the initial PR apps this week, the visa office we requested is London. The problem is that we are going back to our home country (in Asia) in October. We put in the address of our friend as our postal address.
Would it be possible for us to update the info such as requested visa office, address (of a different country from Ireland) if we recieve a YES for next step?
Please help us out, thank you
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 7:27 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC updates

Hi

Originally Posted by DCui
Dear all,
Me and my partner are currently living in Ireland, and planning to send the initial PR apps this week, the visa office we requested is London. The problem is that we are going back to our home country (in Asia) in October. We put in the address of our friend as our postal address.
Would it be possible for us to update the info such as requested visa office, address (of a different country from Ireland) if we recieve a YES for next step?
Please help us out, thank you
If you pick London, you are stuck with London, unless you request a transfer of the file, and it will only be transferred "to enhance the integrity of the program" I am assuming you are asking about file transfers?
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 7:43 am
Just Joined

Thanks PMM,
Sorry about the confusion.
OK so even if we moved back to our home country in Asia, the visa office for next step would still be London?

Can we change our address to the one in our home country then, would it be a problem as it would be a different from the country (Ireland)
we initially applied?
Thanks a lot.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 7:52 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

PMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond reputePMM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Thanks PMM,
Sorry about the confusion.
OK so even if we moved back to our home country in Asia, the visa office for next step would still be London?

Can we change our address to the one in our home country then, would it be a problem as it would be a different from the country (Ireland)
we initially applied?
Thanks a lot.
If you selected London as the visa office on the application to Sydney (assuming you applied as FSW) and selected London as the visa office that is where it will go. (London may refuse, if you weren't admitted to N. Ireland for 1 year or are not a national their processing area.

Where you problem will arise is that you will be unable to meet the 120 days for filing the complete application with the mail delays. If you are a citizen of the one the countries that London services, you could use a residential address in N. Ireland and a mailing address in Asia.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 8:11 am
Just Joined

Hi PMM,
I am not an Irish citizen but have been living in Republic of Ireland in 10 years. Thats why I choose London as the visa office, but we are going back our home country soon. Now I realised that the 120 days could be a problem, so I guess it is better for us to send the initial after we get back to our home country then.
One more thing though, we just got our police certificates last week for the period we stayed in Ireland. If we send the initial from say in three months time, would the police certs be out of date, or would it OK as it is for the period we stayed in Ireland only.

Many thanks.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 8:58 am
PMM
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi

Hi PMM,
I am not an Irish citizen but have been living in Republic of Ireland in 10 years. Thats why I choose London as the visa office, but we are going back our home country soon. Now I realised that the 120 days could be a problem, so I guess it is better for us to send the initial after we get back to our home country then.
One more thing though, we just got our police certificates last week for the period we stayed in Ireland. If we send the initial from say in three months time, would the police certs be out of date, or would it OK as it is for the period we stayed in Ireland only.

Many thanks.
Your fine as your PCCs are date within 3 months of submitting the application to Sydney.
Old Sep 22nd 2009, 9:08 am
Just Joined

Cheers for the reply.
So the 3 month limit is about the period from the date that I got the police certificate to the date I submit the initial PR forms to Sydney (not the end of the 120 days limit of the next step then).

Thank you.