CIC Strike and Visa

Old Jan 4th 2005, 3:41 am
Forum Regular

graphicsdesigner is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CIC Strike and Visa

Hi all,

Do anyone has a clear idea about what is happening about the CIC strike.I read about the Strike in cic.gc.ca.After that i refered this forum and have seen many opinions about this, most of them saying that Visa officers are not on stike.

I would like to know how this strike is going to affect persons who are waiting for immigration visa and landing papers.Or is the strike over by now.

Otherwise will this strike affect immigrants?

I have submitted my Medical papers and Right of Permanent Residence fees, to CIC , New Delhi by November.Now i am waiting for my visa and landing papers.Now as an usual process the background checks may be going on.

But will this strike affect the background checks, and the issuing of visa and landing papers?

Also how long would it take inorder to receive the papers after submitting passport, medicals and ROPR fees?

Any tips and advices are welcome.
Thanks in advance

Regds
PP
Old Jan 4th 2005, 4:19 am
Forum Regular

matty266 will become famous soon enough
Default Re: CIC Strike and Visa

Originally Posted by graphicsdesigner
Hi all,

Do anyone has a clear idea about what is happening about the CIC strike.I read about the Strike in cic.gc.ca.After that i refered this forum and have seen many opinions about this, most of them saying that Visa officers are not on stike.

I would like to know how this strike is going to affect persons who are waiting for immigration visa and landing papers.Or is the strike over by now.

Otherwise will this strike affect immigrants?

I have submitted my Medical papers and Right of Permanent Residence fees, to CIC , New Delhi by November.Now i am waiting for my visa and landing papers.Now as an usual process the background checks may be going on.

But will this strike affect the background checks, and the issuing of visa and landing papers?

Also how long would it take inorder to receive the papers after submitting passport, medicals and ROPR fees?

Any tips and advices are welcome.
Thanks in advance

Regds
PP
Hiya

As for the strike it is over and was concerned with the fedral governments labour union PSAC that wanted the same pay range accross canada for equivelant positions in ontario.

This i believe has been settled and normal work continues the effect on immigration apparently was not much only on TRVS and other permits mine took twice as long 2 months instead of one

The strike did not effect canafian embassies abroad and they continued on with their work

I hope this is helpful

Matty
Old Jan 4th 2005, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

Default Thanks

Thank you very much Matty.I think this is a very good info for every one who is worried about the stirke.

Regds
PP
Old Jan 4th 2005, 12:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road

Hi ya,

Never saw you be4 on this forum. What kind of category have you applied and the which visa post. Can you post your timeline.

Old Jan 5th 2005, 6:14 am
Forum Regular

HIya ,
I am a new user to this forum.I have applied under the skiled worker category.

I received file number in May 2001.
Submitted IELTS results by June 2003.
Received Medicals by October 2005.
Submitted Medicals, passport and ROPR fees by November 2005

Where are youfrom anyway.Hope to hear from you.

Regds
Pramod.P
Old Jan 5th 2005, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

bhalerao is on a distinguished road

Hello,

I am an indian in France on a student visa.

Applied in Jul 2004
Meds and documents: Oct 2004
Waiting for PP request same like you.

Regards.