CIC Status Change

Old Aug 14th 2013, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

George1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to all
Default CIC Status Change

Hey Everyone

as some of you guys already know I am into the 6th month of my wait for my common law sponsorship visa. Today my CIC status changed from 'application received' to 'in process', does anyone who has made it the other end know roughly how long I may have left to wait, this is exciting as after months of 'application received' its nice to know you aren't stuffed away in a drawer somewhere lol.

any input would be much appreciated
Old Aug 15th 2013, 12:35 am
Concierge

SchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond reputeSchnookoLoly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC Status Change

Originally Posted by George1987
Hey Everyone

as some of you guys already know I am into the 6th month of my wait for my common law sponsorship visa. Today my CIC status changed from 'application received' to 'in process', does anyone who has made it the other end know roughly how long I may have left to wait, this is exciting as after months of 'application received' its nice to know you aren't stuffed away in a drawer somewhere lol.

any input would be much appreciated
Don't have you on the spreadsheet, do you want to be added? If so let me know your specific dates and I'll pop you on.

If you have a look at it (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...eVZxYVE#gid=18), there are some people who have had ECAS change so you can see their timelines and make your own conclusions on how long it might be.
Old Aug 28th 2013, 5:29 am
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Any updates George? We are both CL applicants with really similar timescales so very curious to know.

I'm still In Process and desperate to see that change to DM on ECAS!
Old Aug 28th 2013, 9:35 am
Forum Regular

George1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to allGeorge1987 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by markstimson
Any updates George? We are both CL applicants with really similar timescales so very curious to know.

I'm still In Process and desperate to see that change to DM on ECAS!
Hey mark

Sadly still no updates but I was a little worried about the fact there seems to be so many who are getting super quick DM but after asking in another post if it is normal not to get a quick DM I have been reassured that it is normal and not to worry. As my other half keeps saying "it will happen when it happens and it will be here before we know it" and to be fair this has been a super long wait but also it seems to have flown in (such a weird feeling lol)

Where are you at the moment and where are you guys heading to?? We are moving to Ottawa (where SAMs family are, although he was born in Alberta)

Wishing you the best of luck

George
Old Aug 28th 2013, 12:03 pm
Forum Regular

markstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to beholdmarkstimson is a splendid one to behold

Hey mark

Sadly still no updates but I was a little worried about the fact there seems to be so many who are getting super quick DM but after asking in another post if it is normal not to get a quick DM I have been reassured that it is normal and not to worry. As my other half keeps saying "it will happen when it happens and it will be here before we know it" and to be fair this has been a super long wait but also it seems to have flown in (such a weird feeling lol)

Where are you at the moment and where are you guys heading to?? We are moving to Ottawa (where SAMs family are, although he was born in Alberta)

Wishing you the best of luck

George
Best of luck to you too. I'm rooting for us!

CL applications seem to take longer to process, but a few CL's have gone through in a week to 10 days and I'm hoping we're not too much longer now.

Ottawa is a nice city. Quite picturesque and lots of cultural things to do. We're in Toronto. Been here since Oct '11 with my Canadian GF and on my second IEC visa. Which runs out early Oct '13! Therefore hoping I get a decision by mid Sept to allow for the COPR to arrive...

Then I can stop checking ECAS every half hour haha! Are you finding yourself doing that too?
Old Aug 28th 2013, 7:58 pm
Forum Regular

CL applications seem to take longer to process but w CL's have gone through in a week to 10 days and I'm hoping we're not much longer now.

Ottawa is a nice city. Quite picturesque and lots of cultural things to do. We're in Toronto. Been here since Oct '11 with my Canadian GF and on my second IEC visa. Which runs out early Oct '13! Therefore hoping I get a decision by mid Sept to allow for the COPR to arrive...

Then I can stop checking ECAS every half hour haha! Are you finding yourself doing that too?
Yeah i have noticed that the CL applications do seem to take that wee bit longer.

Yeah ottawa it lovely , the plan really is to spend around a year on Ottawa before settling in Toronto. but what you were saying about checking every half hour , I know exactly what you mean , i am driving myself crazy with it. I'm checking constantly at work, on my phone , on the train it's getting to the point where I can't go past a internet connection without checking lol.

I honestly believe that it can't be much more time to pass before we know , lol I know the min I will probably check after i send this.
Old Sep 5th 2013, 8:32 pm
Forum Regular

CL applications seem to take longer to process, but a few CL's have gone through in a week to 10 days and I'm hoping we're not too much longer now.

Hey Mark

any good news yet buddy? fingers crossed for you, im still waiting lol

George
Old Sep 6th 2013, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

Hey Mark

any good news yet buddy? fingers crossed for you, im still waiting lol

George
Hi George,

Yeah a bit of an update actually. On Tuesday I caved in and emailed asking if they had a rough idea of when I could expect a DM, and then the next day I received an email asking for an RCMP police certificate.

It's only because my name matches a known criminal and it's not a standard requirement. I was half expecting this; the same thing happened with my last IEC visa.

Anyways I should have the certificate in my hands mid next week, at which point I will send it to London, and I'm hoping this is the final hurdle and the DM will come quickly therefater. I'm hoping to have the COPR in my hands mid - late October being super optimistic!

How is your sanity holding up? Maybe a quick email to them for an update might spur them into action?
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 1:12 am
Forum Regular

Hey George - just thought I'd let you know that I finally got my DM today. Over the moon
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 1:49 am
Forum Regular

Hey George - just thought I'd let you know that I finally got my DM today. Over the moon
Hey mark

That's awesome news buddy, I am honestly over the moon for you. It was a little touch and go for a moment there but I'm so happy it all worked out for you!!

Who knows I might bump into you for a beer ;o)
Old Oct 2nd 2013, 3:58 am
Forum Regular

Hey mark

That's awesome news buddy, I am honestly over the moon for you. It was a little touch and go for a moment there but I'm so happy it all worked out for you!!

Who knows I might bump into you for a beer ;o)
For sure! Let me know when you arrive.

And thanks.