Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Canada > Immigration & Citizenship (Canada)
Reload this Page >

CIC PR Application (unencumbered transferable and available funds you have in CAD $)

CIC PR Application (unencumbered transferable and available funds you have in CAD $)

Old Oct 23rd 2012, 9:09 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all
Default CIC PR Application (unencumbered transferable and available funds you have in CAD $)

Hi,

In anticipation of LOA from MPNP i have been filling out my PR application to CIC. On one of the forms it asks how much unencumbered, transferable and available funds in CAD $ you have. Now does this include what you would have left over after your house sale and after paying off any mortgage debt? Or is it asking for the amount of liquid cash you have right now in shares, stocks, current and savings account's etc? By the time i have been granted PR, i will have had my gratuity lump sum payout from the military, can i include this or not?

I also notice that they do not ask for evidence of this to be sent with your application, is this because you have already supplied this info when you applied to MPNP?

Thanks in advance for any comments

Andrew
Old Oct 24th 2012, 2:18 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC PR Application (unencumbered transferable and available funds you have in CAD

From memory for UK applicants you can include equity in your house. As in... after mortgage value has been subtracted from the total value.

It's also asking for how much liquid funds you have in your accounts.
Proving this can be a little awkward as, from when we applied, you needed a signed letter from your bank stating your account balances. A simple printed bank statement would not suffice. Some UK banks won't issue one for some weird reason. Not sure if that requirement has changed or not these days?
If you have an account in Canada, which you can before you become a PR, a recent bank statement will do on landing.
Old Oct 24th 2012, 2:20 am
All Sooked up!

james.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond reputejames.mc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CIC PR Application (unencumbered transferable and available funds you have in CAD

Oops! On a re-read of your post you say no proof is required. Ignore my last!
Old Oct 24th 2012, 3:04 am
Andrew

chiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to allchiefmissile is a name known to all

Originally Posted by james.mc
Oops! On a re-read of your post you say no proof is required. Ignore my last!
Yes they don't ask for proof, it maybe because you submitted this with your application to MPNP, but then i have heard of someone who was asked to show proof of funds after they had applied to CIC, might just pop in all that kind of stuff again just to make sure there are no delays.

Thanks again for all your help with my posts today, much appreciated.

Regards

Andrew
Old Oct 24th 2012, 5:29 am
All Sooked up!

Originally Posted by chiefmissile

Thanks again for all your help with my posts today, much appreciated.

Regards

Andrew
No worries Andrew. Self help is what this is all about. CIC offer little by way of feedback, but for me BE has been a great source of help over the last three years. No question too stupid and all that! The least I can do is help pass back some information to people such as yourself by way of appreciation to all those that helped me in the past.
There are some very knowledgeable people on here and I find this a great self help community with a few giggles thrown in to boot.

One thing I do find rewarding, is getting to know people a little in the forum and then seeing them finally get their PR. Some of us have been posting in the same AOR Aug/Sep 2010 thread since 14th Dec 2010! Yes, I know other threads have run longer but we have a kind of happy mini BE community going there

Anyway Andrew

Fire away and we'll all help where possible

All the best
James
Old Oct 24th 2012, 6:24 am
Andrew

Originally Posted by james.mc
No worries Andrew. Self help is what this is all about. CIC offer little by way of feedback, but for me BE has been a great source of help over the last three years. No question too stupid and all that! The least I can do is help pass back some information to people such as yourself by way of appreciation to all those that helped me in the past.
There are some very knowledgeable people on here and I find this a great self help community with a few giggles thrown in to boot.

One thing I do find rewarding, is getting to know people a little in the forum and then seeing them finally get their PR. Some of us have been posting in the same AOR Aug/Sep 2010 thread since 14th Dec 2010! Yes, I know other threads have run longer but we have a kind of happy mini BE community going there

Anyway Andrew

Fire away and we'll all help where possible

All the best
James
Thanks for your help, I will drink to that

Andrew