British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration & Citizenship (Canada) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/)
-   -   CIC PR Application (enclosed ID photographs) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/cic-pr-application-enclosed-id-photographs-775600/)

chiefmissile Oct 24th 2012 11:20 am

CIC PR Application (enclosed ID photographs)

Hi,

I am preparing my CIC application, it states in the application kit to submit pictures of the applicant and dependants, it also states that these pictures are not the same as passport pictures. Has anyone just sent passport pictures that were accepted?

Thanks

Andrew

james.mc Oct 24th 2012 12:05 pm

Re: CIC PR Application (enclosed ID photographs)

I wouldn't mess around. Make sure the photos you send match the requirements exactly, or your application could be rejected.
I wouldn't 'try' CIC with standard UK passport photos unless they meet with the specs requested in your immigration application.

Trying to find the link for the required photo sizes but can't right now. I'm sure someone will do so soon enough.

james.mc Oct 24th 2012 12:15 pm

Appendix A - Photo Specifications

The photos must:
  • Show a full front view of the person’s head and shoulders showing full face centred in the middle of the photograph;
  • Have a plain white background;
  • Be identical (black and white or colour) produced from the same untouched negative, or exposed simultaneously by a split‑image or multi‑lens camera;
  • Measure between 25 mm and 30 mm (1”and 1 3/8”) from chin to crown;
  • have a 35 mm x 45 mm (1 3/8” x 1 3/4”) finished size.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/informa...ages/photo.gif

chiefmissile Oct 24th 2012 12:19 pm

Thanks, yeah there is a little difference but not much, hence they tell you that they are not like passport pictures, will do as you said and get the correct ones as specified.

Cheers

Andrew

james.mc Oct 24th 2012 12:23 pm

I know it sounds a little OTT, but you need to follow CIC instructions to the letter if you are to avoid any potential delays in your application. A simple request from CIC for a correction, or updated information, can literally add months to an application process.

Good luck! :thumbup:

ninaDGBCA Oct 24th 2012 2:12 pm

Best is to take the measurements/letter from CIC to the photographer. We always did that and never had any trouble with the pics.

chiefmissile Oct 24th 2012 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by ninaDGBCA (Post 10347586)
Best is to take the measurements/letter from CIC to the photographer. We always did that and never had any trouble with the pics.

Thanks, your response is much appreciated.

Regards

Andrew

MarkG Oct 24th 2012 6:07 pm

Originally Posted by chiefmissile (Post 10347261)
I am preparing my CIC application, it states in the application kit to submit pictures of the applicant and dependants, it also states that these pictures are not the same as passport pictures. Has anyone just sent passport pictures that were accepted?

Yes. They're not the same size as Canadian passport photos, but they seem to be the same size as British passport photos (or were, when I applied).

However, for peace of mind you might want to pay the extra few pounds to have a photographer ensure they meet the requirements. As mentioned above, if they don't meet requirements you could be delayed for months sending new ones in and getting back to the head of the queue.

chiefmissile Oct 24th 2012 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by MarkG (Post 10347999)
Yes. They're not the same size as Canadian passport photos, but they seem to be the same size as British passport photos (or were, when I applied).

However, for peace of mind you might want to pay the extra few pounds to have a photographer ensure they meet the requirements. As mentioned above, if they don't meet requirements you could be delayed for months sending new ones in and getting back to the head of the queue.

Hi Mark,

Yes going to do it as you said, will go the the photographer this weekend.

Regards

Andrew